FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Bay Area Trader Vic's Katrina Fundraiser Sept. 27th
Bay Area Trader Vic's Katrina Fundraiser Sept. 27th
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-09-19 01:07 am   Permalink

Just wanted to let everyone know that the three Bay Area Trader Vic's (Emeryville, San Francisco, Palo Alto) will be donating a portion of their revenues the night of September 27th to the American Red Cross for Katrina relief efforts.

Without getting into any discussions again about direct donations, etc., let's just say that your Navy Grog will help a little, instead of merely killing your own liver.

All locations will also be serving a special three-course prix fixe "New Orleans Style" dinner.

Seems like a win-win to me!

(FYI, I will not be working at SF that night)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-19 3:03 pm   Permalink

Are revenue from drinks only(not dinner) also going to count, or do we have to have to buy dinner also?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-09-20 01:11 am   Permalink

I'm pretty sure it's the proceeds from the nights total sales, so feel free to drink your way through the menu. Then the Red Cross will have to divert their attention to you.

Zazz!

(I've never actually said that in a post before!)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation