FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki when are you a tiki person?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
when are you a tiki person?
ewik
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-19 10:45 am   Permalink

At the tiki art 2 show this weekend I had talked to a few people about mug collecting. My thoughts where always I am not a tiki person, sure I like the occasional mug but I can quit any time I want to. After talking several people I started thinking about how much money I had spent on mugs and how many I had. I went home this weekend and started to count them. I came up with 55 mugs. do I have a problem? am I in denial, am I a tiki collector? should I talk to my therapist about "collection"? Is it weird that I use a Munktiki mug that I bought on ebay for $75 for to drink my tang in the morning?

View Profile of ewik Send a personal message to ewik  Email ewik Goto the website of ewik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 10:53 am   Permalink

Puh-leeeze... Just lighten up and enjoy the ride...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 10:57 am   Permalink

No, its just weird that u drink tang.
aloha

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 12:19 pm   Permalink

You only have 55 mugs? That's *nothing*!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 1:16 pm   Permalink

Yes, you're a collector. What's the problem?

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 1:59 pm   Permalink

Guys, be a little more sensitive, we should help him come to terms with his condition, he is obviously trying to come out of the closet!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-19 2:35 pm   Permalink

One of something is a pre collection. Two of anything is a collection.

of course, if you'd like to be cured of this condition, just send everything to me.

some solutions are easy!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 3:12 pm   Permalink

My thought this morning, I have been collecting mugs for a year and its the first thing that I can say I've collected. I have bought baseball card type stuff, but nothing of this level. The mugs that I buy are more then the pants that I wear. And I wear then for many many years. My parents have collections too that they have had for years (Makes for easy Christmas shopping).

When I started collecting a year ago I thought that the mugs looked good but that I wouldn't buy them. Then I thought that the price on the import Munktiki was a super price. I bought a couple and then more. I usually don't buy things that have shipping. Now I buy more tiki things then anything else. Yes I think it could very well be a problem.

I have more tiki mugs now then I have space for. That is a problem too. I think that I will start to cut back and later down the road, I can always buy them of Ebay. I can buy them off Ebay for probably the same price today. Inflation of the dollar will even it out and I will have a better paying job in the future too. I need to just be a fan on the sideline for now.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 3:40 pm   Permalink

You're perfectly fine, Eric. When you start collecting acryllic grapes - that's when it's time to seek psychiatric help... Now, back to my collection of grapes...

Welcome, by the way!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 3:55 pm   Permalink

Ewik, one thing is for sure, you are a tiki collector in denial. However you are in the right place amongst us tiki loving people. We understand.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Man from Munkle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-19 4:02 pm   Permalink

Hello Eric
At this point in time I do not feel that you have a problem nor are you a Tiki Mug Collector. The official number for a Tiki Mug Collection is 56 or more with only 55 mugs you are still sane and in no need of a therapist.
Cheers
Munkle

View Profile of Man from Munkle Send a personal message to Man from Munkle  Email Man from Munkle Goto the website of Man from Munkle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 5:32 pm   Permalink

Yep, Im afraid to say it - you're addicted. This is only the beginning though. You know you got it bad when you are putting your bodily organs on the black market because youve just seen a mint Ren Clarke mug on Ebay.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 6:04 pm   Permalink

Aloha Ewik. Welcome.

I just wanted to add that I dig yr stuff (if this is you)
http://www.ewik.com

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 6:48 pm   Permalink

Who is man of Munkle and welcome I guess cause you have 3 posts so far.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-19 10:57, Tiki Rider wrote:
No, its just weird that u drink tang.
aloha

HEY! Tang is great, when it's not smoking. It's chocked full of vitamins and ministers.

www.unklejohn.com

My Tiki Lounge http://unklejohn.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2005-09-19 19:27 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation