FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 9/29 Last Thursday Get-together at Emeryville Trader Vic/ Oakland Conga Lounge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
9/29 Last Thursday Get-together at Emeryville Trader Vic/ Oakland Conga Lounge
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-19 12:57 pm   Permalink

Thursday night 9/29 Last Thursday Get-together at Emeryville Trader Vic/ Oakland Conga Lounge!

Great tiki drinks, great tiki food, great tiki company, and great tiki decor!

7ish to 9:30ish at Emeryville's Trader Vics.
9:30ish to closing at Oakland's Conga Lounge.

Looks like we will have some out of town guests (see
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=16519&forum=4&2 ) so let's give em a nice East Bay welcome! (And, some of you SF folks may want to meet up at the Tonga Room and/or SF Vics prior, but I am unable to do so).

I will see if I can sweet talk either place into discounts on food and drink ...

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 4:17 pm   Permalink

In.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 1:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-19 16:17, Al-ii wrote:
In.
Mahalo,
Al

Schweet!!! I'll see you there, Borba!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 2:06 pm   Permalink

Us too!!!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-09-21 10:49 am   Permalink

sounds like a great group!

Trader Vic's has graciously agreed to give us a discount on the Tonga Punch ($6) that evening. Also, Conga Mike has graciously agreed to do the same discount as last time (I believe it was the Gilligan's Island and a % off appetizers)

Double zazz!

I'll see you all next week!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 5:27 pm   Permalink

Ohhhh damn, I'm green with envy. Hope you guys and ladies have fun.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 3:32 pm   Permalink

That's right folks...Conga Lounge will be offering a special TC discount on our signature cocktail, Gilligan's Island (Coconut Rum, Banana Liquer, Cranberry and Pineapple Juice) as well as $2.00 off our appetizers.

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2005-09-24 15:37 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 12:30 pm   Permalink

This just in...
The dynamic Calypso Duo (featuring 'Makers' Mike from Project Pimento and Apocalypso Now fame) will be performing on "Tiki Central Night" from 9pm onward...

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-09-27 3:49 pm   Permalink

Special Mahaloz to Conga Mike for arranging live music at Conga Lounge starting at 9 pm!

More info:

<<Tiki Central Nite at the Conga! This Thur Sep 29 at 9 pm

We'll be adding Musical stylings to the Tiki Central Nite, at the Conga Lounge. It happens every Last Thursday as Tiki-nauts first flex their mandibles at Trader Vic's Emeryville, followed by liquid cilia therapy with Mojitos and such at the Conga.

It may cause you to build a raft and sail to Polynesia like this guy
http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/kontiki.htm <http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/kontiki.htm>

Michael and Sherri from Apocalypso Now!
Thurs Sep 29, 9 pm

Conga Lounge
Upstairs from Cafe Rustica
5422 College Ave
Oakland

www.congalounge.com <http://www.congalounge.com/>
www.6stringjazz.net/apocalypso <http://www.6stringjazz.net/apocalypso> >>

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 4:10 pm   Permalink

We'll be able to make it! See you guys then.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-09-28 07:59 am   Permalink

Sorry that we'll be in Chicago this time out. I'll just have to suffer with the Hala Kahiki.

(woohoo!)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 1:35 pm   Permalink

I am only going to be able to make it to the Tonga but hope to see many of you there.....

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-09-28 6:26 pm   Permalink

Y'all have fun without me this time. I'll be in Nashville tomorrow night. Yeehaw!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-09-29 09:35 am   Permalink

see you folks tonight!

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 1:40 pm   Permalink

Sunglasses on, looking impatiently at my watch. Is it time to go yet? It's only 1:40?!? DOHHHH!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation