FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events A Gathering of the Minnesota Ohana
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
A Gathering of the Minnesota Ohana
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 4:24 pm   Permalink

Greetings fellow Minnesotans. Inspired by the New England Tikiphile Events, I am putting out the question: Are there enough Tiki fans and interest in Minnesota, particularly, the Twin Cities, to organize a Minnesota Tikiphile gathering?

Update: The above question has been answered with 'Yes'. The Minnesota Ohana are now meeting semi-monthly. Please go to the most recent announcement to learn when and where we are meeting.

I maintain a email distribution list for coordinating our regular gatherings and special events. If you wish to be added to that distribution list, please send me a personal message. Thank you.

Edit: Updated the link to the most recent announcement.

[ This Message was edited by: Scott McGerik 2007-12-29 07:14 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 11:23 am   Permalink

I'm up for it. My wife and I live near Suzies, but I don't think there is much else out there for us. Nyes is great, but it is hardly tiki. How many Minnesotans are there here on TC?

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 3:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:33 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 3:47 pm   Permalink

My home bar is far from being finished, but I do recall reading in the Star Trib a few years ago about a couple in Mpls. that has a nice tiki mug collection-maybe they are TCers as well. I've heard about a "tiki" bar in Lakeville, but I'm assuming it sucks-no offense to Lakeville. If enough show interest I think Suzies would be good enough for an entire night. If you want to utilize Suzies deck we better hurry before the cold-north winds blow.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 11:18 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:32 ]

ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 4:17 pm   Permalink

My wife Emily is big into Tiki as well-so there are 3 now total. I know there are more Minnesotans here, but maybe they are shy. Tonight would have been nice with the perfect weather and all.

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 09:29 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:34 ]

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 4:38 pm   Permalink

ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 4:45 pm   Permalink

I'll be in the woods camping this weekend, and we have to go to Indianapolis the weekend after. Oct.15th is the Wisconsin/Gopher football game-the time hasn't been announced yet, but I'll be there. If it is a day game and we win,I'll be ready to celebrate big time. I guess if we lose, I'll be ready to drown my sorrows. Either way, I'm at the mercy of Espn for the start time. Friday nights are extra crazy at Suzies just to mention. Let me know what you think.

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 10:41 am   Permalink

ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 3:28 pm   Permalink

I'd still rather go on a Sat. I'm not sure if you got the impression I was anti-weekend. I was just saying that Friday nights get really crowded while Sat. nights aren't too bad usually. My wife isn't real big on week nights, but if that works the best she'll do it. I'm still good for the 15th if the Gophers don't play at night. If it is a day game I could wear a Hawaiian shirt under my Gopher sweatshirt and meet you guys after the game??

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 4:52 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:35 ]

ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 1:58 pm   Permalink

I'll keep you posted on the game time for the 15th. I'm hoping for a night game, but it is up to ESPN and they like to wait until that week most of the time.

Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 6:35 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-08 06:35 ]

ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 4:39 pm   Permalink

For some reason your email didn't work so I'll post here again.

The game time for Oct. 15th has been set for 11:00 a.m. which means we could meet you two at 3:30 (the earliest) or anytime after that. It doesn't matter what time to us.

Let me know what works best for you guys and we can go from there.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation