[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Favor for a Chicago friend
Favor for a Chicago friend
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 2:37 pm   Permalink

Hey, TC folk (especially the Chicago ohana)-

While I was at Tiki Exotica this July, I met an incredibly fun, sharp, cool new friend, first at the SCOTS show Friday night and then at the big shindig on Saturday. Sterno (no, I don't know how he got his name!) and I kept up thru emails. He's not a TC member, but I believe he's lurked here, and he loves the kind of stuff we all love too, despite looking more biker than barkcloth

Got this email from him yesterday, which sums up his great attitude in adversity:

--------------------------------------------------
Been out of sorts, and out of circulation lately; just got diagnosed with the Big C. Just started chemo, and I'm gonna cut my hair before it falls out.

Would you please notify TikiCentral that I will be cutting my hair at Prairie Moon, 1502 Sherman, Evanston, IL 60201 on Wednesday, 21 September 2005, at about 21:00. All are invited! (Prairie Moon is a full restaurant and bar, food and drinks can be ordered at any time, all-ages.)

I am asking you because I never formally signed-up to TikiCentral, and have too much to do right now. (Everybody is yelling at me to LiveJournal! Like I have time!)

Thanx,
Sterno
---------------------------------------------------

I think an I'm-cutting-off-my-hair-to-beat-that-bastard-chemo-to-it party ROCKS! If any of you Chicago-ites(?) or close-by folk are in a going-out mood on Wednesday or want to wish a great guy well, stop by for me. And tell him he's the best-looking guy in the place. Stupid inside joke, but he'll apreciate it

Thank you!
alice b

{Moderators, if you feel the need to move this to Tiki Events, feel free. It's just not a very tiki event, is all!)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 6:57 pm   Permalink

Sterno hang in there. I lost my Mother to cancer in June. Detection's the key. A positive attitude will get you far. Keep on fighting. Wishing you the best.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 7:04 pm   Permalink

Good luck, brother. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong, be positive.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
codelisa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 7:52 pm   Permalink

To Sterno, The 2 MOST important things are - educate yourself medically and keep your sense of humor. Hope all goes well. Positive vibes sent your way.

View Profile of codelisa Send a personal message to codelisa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation