[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Drei Moai
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Drei Moai
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 3:02 pm   Permalink

Just saw this on the TikiFarm website:

The page lists them as temporarily out of stock. Makes the limited edition somewhat less limited, I'd say. Whaddya think?

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 3:11 pm   Permalink

I dunno... the new one's smaller and has the two-tone glaze. So, they are noticeably different.

I'm glad that the Farm did this because I missed out on the limited edition, but I really love the design.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 6:06 pm   Permalink

I'm glad that I chose speed tiki even though it still not sold not. I like these new ones better. Two tone is better then larger and the price, yes, much better.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 6:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-21 18:06, teaKEY wrote:
Two tone is better then larger and the price, yes, much better.

What is the price?

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 7:40 pm   Permalink

From the Tiki Farm catalog (which I just received today):
8" ht., 20 oz. capacity (the original was 8.5") price is $11.95.

I missed out on the first run so this is VERY cool indeed!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 8:12 pm   Permalink

I should be getting them on the website in a day or two. Don't forget your TC discount!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 06:01 am   Permalink

Man I hunted and called everywhere (from Pittsburgh) to try and get my hands on one of the larger limiteds... and i finally got it! I love the thing to death, but when i first saw the 2 tone glaze i was like WTF!!! then realised that it was smaller and that settled it for me, I have the proof that mine is one of the limited ones, and its numbered, so what the heck, I dont see anyone asking about the non limited Ape Mugs... (I have the limited one as well, and pestered those poor guys at the farm about it for awhile Thanks for putting up with me guys!)
So thats my 2 cents, let everyone enjoy a lil Drei Moai, so long as the inside stays wet! (ugh that sounds dirty LOL)
Rustbeltcat
Von Yinzer of the FOM

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 9:54 pm   Permalink

Gotta say, I ordered the new bi-color but would love to get a hold of the BigUn'!!

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIZILLA
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-24 11:33 am   Permalink

I got one of the bigun's (first release, limited edition #144/250 mint condition) for trade. I've Been looking for one of these:

Gaballini - Munktiki
Custom Ape Mug - Tiki Farm

Or let me know what you have to offer.

View Profile of TIKIZILLA Send a personal message to TIKIZILLA      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 10:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-21 15:11, MachTiki wrote:
I'm glad that the Farm did this because I missed out on the limited edition, but I really love the design.

Ditto.

I didn't realize they were planning on putting this version out until yesterday when I found him at Wacko. I was at La Luz checking out the Shag show and then wandered over to the Tiki Farm area. Got him for $9.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 9:27 pm   Permalink

I was at Sitting In Paradise (Sacramento, CA) this afternoon (Jan 27) and noticed they have a few of the original green, limited issue Drei Moai's available. Christine, the store owner / manager, said she recently discovered them in her storeroom, and hadn't realize they were there. I forgot to inquire how much they are, but I am sure they are below the current Ebay prices. You can get phone number and address information here...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13494&forum=2

Good Luck!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 9:46 pm   Permalink

i have a few. i bought my first one from tiki mat. (still didn't get my discount! ;-P)

let me know if you want one.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 10:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-27 21:46, pdrake wrote:
i have a few. i bought my first one from tiki mat. (still didn't get my discount! ;-P)

let me know if you want one.

Didn't get your discount!?!?!? Coupon code is TCFOB, now go order another one!

By the way, if you subscribe to Tiki Magazine, there is a 15% coupon code on the BarTiki ad, now go subscribe to Tiki Magazine!

Visit www.tiki-mug.com for The Art of Polynesian Pop

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt 2006-01-27 22:29 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 10:39 pm   Permalink

i think it was personal. i took that sweet wahine from you when you were in vegas. now you hate me.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIZILLA
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-30 01:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-27 21:27, tikiwinebear wrote:
I was at Sitting In Paradise (Sacramento, CA) this afternoon (Jan 27) and noticed they have a few of the original green, limited issue Drei Moai's available. Christine, the store owner / manager, said she recently discovered them in her storeroom, and hadn't realize they were there. I forgot to inquire how much they are, but I am sure they are below the current Ebay prices. You can get phone number and address information here...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13494&forum=2

Good Luck!
Myke

They are $55 each and still there as of Saturday January 28. Better hurry. Sorry I don't remember what the numbers where.

View Profile of TIKIZILLA Send a personal message to TIKIZILLA      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation