FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Killer deal alert! BevMo is putting Pyrat XO on ClubBev for only $17.99!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Killer deal alert! BevMo is putting Pyrat XO on ClubBev for only $17.99!
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 5:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I have no idea how it could be $36 in one state and $21 a few miles away... ??

It is not the state. Well, I guess it could be.

If you are willing to pay $36 then the store makes that much more money. I have only paid about $21. I probably still have three or four bottles of the lesser priced XO. I'll start to shop again when I crack the 2nd to last bottle.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 6:49 pm   Permalink

At the moment Pyrat XO is $19.99 at BevMo.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whinylittlerunt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-02 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-17 18:26, martiki wrote:
I can confirm that Pyrat XO, Pistol, and Cask 23 aren't going anywhere.

Pyrat White is long gone, however.

I dunno....do you mean the Superior Blanco? I bought a bottle the other night. Not that they had a bunch of it, but it was there.

View Profile of whinylittlerunt Send a personal message to whinylittlerunt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-02 2:38 pm   Permalink

If you found it, it's dead stock. It's no longer being produced.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 03:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

So what is the deal on this, Martin? Several reputable sources had all confirmed at the same time that all of they Pyrat label including XO and Cask 23 would be gone soon, like by about this time now this summer. Did the parent company change their minds or something? Have rum sales in general gone up enough for them to decide to keep the label going?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-06 06:42 am   Permalink

I just ordered 3 botttles of Pyrat XO from http://www.internetwines.com for $106.80 and they also had the Pyrat Cask 1623 for $338.02 - BevMo had the XO for $19.99 but wouldn't ship to Florida! I don't know why the vast price difference . . . might be a sign . . .

I bet you feel more like you do now now than you did when you came in.

GH

[ This Message was edited by: GentleHangman 2007-07-06 06:42 ]

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-08 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-06 03:54, Mai Tai wrote:
Quote:

So what is the deal on this, Martin? Several reputable sources had all confirmed at the same time that all of they Pyrat label including XO and Cask 23 would be gone soon, like by about this time now this summer. Did the parent company change their minds or something? Have rum sales in general gone up enough for them to decide to keep the label going?

Pyrat's parent company (Patron Spirits) has had a change of heart- they are going to keep running the product to see if it can gain some more traction in the market. They are going to put some renewed marketing $$$ behind it as well. Still no plans to bring back the white.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-08 6:22 pm   Permalink

For me it's good news to know that it will still be around - glad to see that someone at Patron decided to keep it. Too bad I "stocked up" anticipating it to be discontinued. My wallet is still aching from that one. But at least I won't have to buy any Pyrat for a couple of years, at least! Hey, anyone need an extra bottle of Cask 23? Seriously.

[ This Message was edited by: Mai Tai 2007-07-08 18:25 ]

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 5:09 pm   Permalink

Update, approximately one year later..

I haven't checked the prices at the local stores, or even if Pyrat is available stateside. However, it is still around as we brought back a bottle of the XO from the factory in Anguilla. They also had the Pistol, 1623 and some gawdawful sweet stuff (maybe one of the latter?). Paid $28.

Interesting note, the factory in Anguilla only blends and bottles the Pyrat rums--but does not distill them. I'm guessing they are distilled at Patron's factory in Mexico (or Las Vegas?).

Custom Furniture and Cabinets

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 11:52 pm   Permalink

XO is still on the shelf with frequent supply restocks at most of the stores around me. The price has gone up a little though, from $19.99 to about $22-24 these days. I bought three bottles (all they had) when one store had it on sale for $17.99. I wish they would drop the brass medallion... seems to be a bit of a waste, as I've got a rather large collection of them already.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 12:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-21 23:52, Kona Chris wrote:
I wish they would drop the brass medallion... seems to be a bit of a waste, as I've got a rather large collection of them already.

send them to me and I'll make a bikini out of them..

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 01:38 am   Permalink

I still have an extra bottle of Cask 23, in case anyone is interested in it. Interesting trades considered, too! You can post here, or send me a PM.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-07-22 11:04 pm   Permalink

Pyrat rums are a blend of rums distilled in the Caribbean and South America, and the blend (and amount of orange flavoring) changes a lot. The current formulation of XO is to my taste, undrinkable.

suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 2:06 pm   Permalink

You know, XO runs all the way up to $44 here in Boston. I found it for as low as $37 somewhere I think (gasp!). I just can't bring myself to spend that after being accustomed to the $19.99 price back home.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-27 08:58 am   Permalink

Pyrat XO is on sale again at Bev Mo if anyone is interested.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation