FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Palama's 2-foot Bar Moai: New Moai added 9/26/05 on Pg. 2
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Palama's 2-foot Bar Moai: New Moai added 9/26/05 on Pg. 2
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 05:51 am   Permalink

I was inspired by this foamy post to do a 2-foot AAC moai for the bar area of a friend of mine...
Quote:

On 2004-08-01 14:16, foamy wrote:
I get it now. The connection between fez/Shriner/tiki... these guys were found in line, like they were facing a bar. The wooden bars deteriorated ages ago and the early explorers pinched the glasses.

Originally i was going to carve him so that a martini glass would fit in his hand, but it didn't work out that way, so here he is... thanks anyway, foamy, for the inspiration!

i took him with me to Benzart's place last week for some critiquing, and Benz gave me some pointers, so i ended up tweaking the hands abit, based on his comments.. I teased him as best I could, Ben!

Thanks for lookin' !

[ This Message was edited by: Palama Tiki 2005-09-26 17:53 ]

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 07:21 am   Permalink

Wow man thats awesome! The lines are so smooth and nice. Thats way sweet

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-23 07:56 am   Permalink

Man! you got carving this AAC down! Very nicely done - he's one cool looking moai

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 08:00 am   Permalink

Palama-
That is awesome. You are the AAC King!!

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 08:46 am   Permalink

Thank you hewey, polynesiac, and moondance. you guys keep me inspired to keep on carving. i appreciate your support!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 11:14 am   Permalink

Palama, Very nice teasing job, he looks Awesome. You have done a remarkable job with all the Difficult, easiness of the Moai. Veery Nice, I Love it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 11:31 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben, for the props and for the advice. i sloped his shoulders as well like you suggested. those Moai are tricky guys...

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 1:25 pm   Permalink

Hey, you know what, PT? That's way cool. I like the whole look of the thing, the texture, the form and you even lit it nicely for the photographs. Nice work man. Your buddy's a lucky fella. You're a talented sculptor. I'd like to see more.

[ This Message was edited by: foamy 2005-09-23 13:27 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 1:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks foamy, you were my inspiration! my wife is the photography director; she makes sure the lighting and backdrop are correct.

i'm making another one for my buddy that's going outside amongst his tropical plants, but that's just a 2 foot head, not a full-body. i'll post pics when he's finished.

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 5:11 pm   Permalink

hey Palama tiki....this one is really super...i dig the
fingers....cool cool cool...very inspiring....did I say
that the fingers knock me out!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 5:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks congatiki... i'm glad you like the fingers. i originally had them more or less engraved into the belly, but Benz suggested that i lower the belly area and bring out the fingers more, so i started shaving away the concrete to give the hands more dimension.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 6:30 pm   Permalink

Very, VERY cool stuff, PT!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 6:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks Sam, and i am anxiously awaiting the arrival of YOUR very cool stuff!

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 7:59 pm   Permalink

Ahhh, I see man-breasts!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 5:18 pm   Permalink

yes, you do, Gman.... he can be flabby cuz he's not stayin' at my house...!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation