FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace eBay: Ren Clark's Polynesian Village Tiki Mug Headhunter Rare
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
eBay: Ren Clark's Polynesian Village Tiki Mug Headhunter Rare
tikifever

Posted: 2005-09-24 11:32 pm   Permalink

Ren Clark's Polynesian Village Tiki Mug Headhunter Rare!

Have you seen this listing on Ebay?

View Profile of tikifever Send a personal message to tikifever      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 12:34 am   Permalink

That thing. To think it was one of the last objects I photographed for the BOT (loaned by Martin McIntosh all the way from Australia!), and the reaction it got since!

What I am still hoping to find somewhere is a period photo of a beehived beauty drinking out of one, we know it must exist!?

In the brochure on BOT P. 44 they do not have any on the table, but you can make out two behind the bar, on the shelves above the mixers (magnifying glass needed)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 06:33 am   Permalink

Having "Ren Clark" on the bottom mean's it'll never go un-noticed on Ebay. It'll never sell cheap. Unless you find it in the wild (and look at where that one is selling from! Don't give up hope!) you'll have to spend big to own it now.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 07:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-25 00:34, bigbrotiki wrote:
That thing. To think it was one of the last objects I photographed for the BOT (loaned by Martin McIntosh all the way from Australia!), and the reaction it got since!

That means I could be close to one right now? Whats the guys address, and what times is he out of the house...

About the only way Im gonna get my hands on one. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it in the BoT

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigkahuna627
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-26 09:28 am   Permalink

what is the most ever paid for a tiki mug? will this be it?

View Profile of bigkahuna627 Send a personal message to bigkahuna627  Email bigkahuna627 Goto the website of bigkahuna627     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 10:58 am   Permalink

Let's get ready to (RUM)ble!!! In the blue corner, weighing in at nearly 1 million mugs and currently holding the cruiser weight belt, danlovestikis! And in the black corner from an undisclosed location in the U.S. With over 3 zillion tiki mugs and the current heavyweight champion of the world, kohalacharms!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&rd=1&item=7714108019

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 12:20 pm   Permalink

That mug is over $700 and still has six hours left?!! YIKES!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigkahuna627
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-26 12:25 pm   Permalink

$1267 is my guess

View Profile of bigkahuna627 Send a personal message to bigkahuna627  Email bigkahuna627 Goto the website of bigkahuna627     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 12:29 pm   Permalink

what is the most ever paid for a tiki mug? will this be it?

On eBay? I recall a Blue Hawaii Tiki Bob that sold for over a grand. That was a while ago. Some individual mugs have hit the $500-700 range of late. Of course, there was the Kahiki Mystery bowl that went for 800 bones. I recall a Zombie Village fogcutter that did very, very well for a local seller.

That's just eBay, private sales are a whole different matter. Or so I am told. I know nu-theeng!

I don't see this one going a lot higher, I think Dan has thrown in the towel. Could be wrong, or there could be a little-known but wildly deep-pocketed collector lurking in the wings, ready to pounce. They're out there, serious big game hunters, they just don't do a lot of bidding on eBay.

It's a neat piece, but is it necessarily that Tiki? Ha ha.

midnite...who should put the lid on that can o' worms!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 3:10 pm   Permalink

does anyone know who this KOHLACHARMS is? DAMN , i've got a ton of stuff he'd be interested in .

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Q: Please do not be tempted by offers to sell off eBay. If someone should get close to tempting you, I would appreciate the opportunity to beat their offer. Thanks, Frank

A: Morning Frank, Like we stated on our discription, this auction is for 7 days and NO buy it now. Good Luck!

Now that's what I call covering all your bases.

"Please don't end the auction early. But if you do, do so with me."

Good ol' Frank.

Serious question: how many of you would think it fun or gratifying to win auctions by a) skullduggery or b) paying more than anyone has ever paid for such an item before?

To me, "a" is too much like ripping off someone who is gullible in a crooked deal ("Oh Mrs Jones, your late husband's old Corvette isn't worth much, but tell ya what, I'll give you five hundred bucks so you don't have to go to the trouble of listing it and dealing with all those pesky buyers..."), and as far as "b" goes, if I paid the highest price ever for a certain mug then I would feel like I lost the auction. Like I'm a rube. I mean, in the end it's just a dang mug. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the allure in getting something simply by spending more $$ than anyone else is willing to. OK, so I paid more money than the whole rest of the world thinks the item is worth. Yay, I won!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 4:52 pm   Permalink

does anyone know who this KOHLACHARMS is? DAMN , i've got a ton of stuff he'd be interested in

I am Koalacharms.

However, I am very secretive about my identity and personal info. Well, not like our illustrious host, HL. He's cloak 'n dagger. I'm more cash 'n carry, with a hint of gypsy in me. From the old country, whatever they call it nowadays.

The Koala man? Never met him, if he really exists. I don't think it's one guy, per se. I've only dealt with his underlings, his patsies, the guys in dark suits and sunglasses. No senses of humor in that lot. Nope.

If you've got stuff he wants, he already knows about it. Trust me. You'll be contacted, you might not even know it at first, but it's him. Treat him right, give him the best stuff... you get perks.

Now, on this Ren Clark mug thing. Does eBay work like the Miss America Pageant? Cause like I am 11th runner-up(under bidder) and if the other 10 bidders are "unable" to fulfill their duties, it's mine, right? I mean, things could happen. Ya know, to the others, accidents and such. Just saying, in case.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 5:53 pm   Permalink

Wow, this thing is at $742 with about 5 minutes left to go. It's going to go for at least twice what the last one of these that turned up on ebay went for, and I though that was too much!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 5:58 pm   Permalink

$1325!!!

Is this the highest price ever paid for a tiki mug? If this keeps up wall street is going to forming tiki mug mutual funds.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 6:01 pm   Permalink

Wow. it doubled in the last 20 seconds. Who is this mysterious bidder?

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation