[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tiki Terrace
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Terrace
Kalani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-25 10:48 am   Permalink

Aloha Everyone. I finally had a minute to look through the procedure for posting pics. Hope this goes ok.

Anyhow, I hope to get your feedback for the first four photos. I am not sure if I like them??? They still need stain or paint.. this might help a bit. If I get positive feedback, I will install... if not, I might start over.

The last two photos are a finished spitting maoi with pond we installed at Barefoot Hawaiian in Des Plaines IL. I like this one. Not sure about the other three though (honestly, I think they are too fat, but not sure)

Anyhow, I will start posting more pics of the build out.

Thanks in advance!
Kalani.

View Profile of Kalani Send a personal message to Kalani  Email Kalani Goto the website of Kalani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 10:53 am   Permalink

The picture look interesting. Would love to see them a bit bigger

you can get the pictures larger.....in shutterfly, click on the thumbnail and copy the "properties" of the larger picture and patse that into the TC thread.

Good luck!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 11:16 am   Permalink

I really wanted to see these
Here you go!!

Wow!! Keep up the good work!!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rotterdam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 11:22 am   Permalink

Wow these are big nosed tiki's! ;)

View Profile of Tiki Rotterdam Send a personal message to Tiki Rotterdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-25 1:23 pm   Permalink

Me likely! Very original looking Moai, squat, and the nose really gives them personality. Look forward to seeing more pictures.

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 06:22 am   Permalink

I love the fountain!! I saw it up close when I picked ujp the shirt at barefoot hawaiian....not so sure about the carl malden moai though...

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 06:37 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC, Kalani, Nice Moai and very original. I would leave them as is. If you want to change them do it in future ones as these look great!.
Thanks for sharing your works.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 07:06 am   Permalink

Very nice Moki!
How much do those babys weigh? Do you have any photos of the building process?
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 07:57 am   Permalink

wow.. cool stuff, hope youŽll share some more pictures soon!

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 08:18 am   Permalink

They are for sure, quite distinctive – and look fabulous in a planted setting. Carry on!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-07 06:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-26 07:06, Moondance wrote:
Very nice Moki!
How much do those babys weigh? Do you have any photos of the building process?
Wes

Yes, I too would love to know the process of building these. Are they built of materials for indoor use only? I would love try something similar for outdoor placement, but don't know where to begin.

Kanekila

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 02:06 am   Permalink

Wow! Those are cool. What are they made from? Is creating them more like carving or sculpting? Just curious.

Thanks for the post.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 08:26 am   Permalink

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mbonga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 10:14 am   Permalink

Are you going to put nostrils in their noses? Such big noses deserve nostrils!

View Profile of mbonga Send a personal message to mbonga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-08 4:11 pm   Permalink

I liked the one in the back of the truck. I'd like to see it on the road.

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation