[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Boston-based WAITIKI's 1st CD avail:
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Boston-based WAITIKI's 1st CD avail:
waitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-25 6:18 pm   Permalink

Aloha friends

Our debut CD, "Charred Mammal Flesh: Exotic Music for BBQ" is now for sale on our website -
http://www.waitiki.com/charredmammalflesh.cfm - pick up a copy and tell a friend!

* If you have friends in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area, tell them that WAITIKI will be in town performing October 7th and 8th at the Hukilau tiki festival!

mahalo,
WAITIKI

[ This Message was edited by: waitiki 2005-09-25 18:18 ]

View Profile of waitiki Send a personal message to waitiki  Email waitiki Goto the website of waitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 5:58 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be broke by the time I leave Ft. Lauderdale.

(Although, last year I had a more than 200 dollar bar tab the first night before Hukilau had even started.)

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 6:59 pm   Permalink

I got this CD in the mail today.

Good stuff!

Waitiki are going to have a solid presence at Hukilau this year; they'll be doing a set of their own music on Friday evening, and then the four members of Waitiki will be acting as 4 of the 12 members of the Robert Drasnin Orchestra that Mr. Drasnin and I have spent the past ten months assembling!

As a super-special treat, Waitiki will also be playing at the Mai Kai on Saturday night - after the second dinner show (about 11 PM) - doing a Martin Denny tribute.

As Bruce would say: ZAZZ!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-30 4:34 pm   Permalink

Got my CD a few days ago, popped it into the car CD player on the way to work early this morning (4 am), and almost turned around and went home to make myself a Mai Tai!

Good job, Waitiki! Some of the better modern exotica I've heard.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 4:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha Pablus, TikiBars, Rum Balls....

Thanks so much for all the compliments! Can't wait to meet you all at The Hukilau!

-Randy Wong a.k.a. Professah Humming Flower

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-01 05:27 am   Permalink

flipped mine on the player in the congatiki room
last night...very enjoyable....happy vibes!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 3:37 pm   Permalink

BWAAAAAAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
BWAAAAAAANAAAAAHHHHHHHHH-AAAAAAAAY!

Waitiki absolutely blew the roof off of the Mai Kai last night.

That Denny tribute was the perfect thing for the perfect place at the perfect time.

Wow.

Dave Levy almost adopted them as he handed them congratulatory Rum Barrels at the end of the performance... I'm still curious as to why The Mayor got 2... or was one for the monkey?

Astounding.

I'm officially a fan.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 04:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-09 15:37, pablus wrote:

I'm officially a fan.

Me too. It was really for me the surprise of Hukilau...those guys are sooo good, so happy to play, so funny. Mahalo plenty for the shows.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 8:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-09 15:37, pablus wrote:

Astounding.

I'm officially a fan.

ME THREE!!!! All of the Waitiki cats are great guys, and a not only fun to hear play, but to hang out and talk to. And their musicianship... yikes... totally world class. Seriously. They've really inspired to get off my butt and start woodsheddin'.

I've been listening to their debut CD, Charred Mammel Flesh tonight, and it's really excellent. BUY THIS CD! It's all great, but I gotta say, I think my favorite cut is "Sweet Pikake Seranade." Just beautiful.

Can't wait to see them again, and hopefully, get to really do some jamming (sans alcohol... well, not so much alcohol, anyway)!

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 8:48 pm   Permalink

I see after re-visiting the waitiki.com site that it was NOT The Mayor that received the second Rum Barrell but The Phonecian, Mr. Ho.

My humble apologies to whichever of you is the most sensitive about one moniker being mistaken for the other.

And to the monkey.

Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 4:31 pm   Permalink

Mistah Ho officially take responsibility for 2nd rum barrel. Mistah Ho thinked it was water and digested barrel mucho fast! buzzy buzzy! Free too, all because I played with my monkey on stage! Monkey see, monkey vibe! Monkeys playing FLower Humming!

Need more mai kai in mai laif!

Oxolotl!
Mr. Ho

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Ho 2005-10-11 16:31 ]

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 4:35 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for super nice words! We plaim to ease! No need woodshed - need to bombooshed - very different!

Highly recommend the 151 shnizzle my nizzle drink from Mai Kai to ameliorate the effect of live exotica performance.

love a panda!

Mr. Ho

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-11 8:28 pm   Permalink

Ah-So Mr.Ho...
Many Mahalos for the music and chat time at the hotel. Never spank your Monkey and all Pandas will love you back !!!
Come out of your shell on stage silly turtle !!!!

Joe-San

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 07:54 am   Permalink

These guys are fantastic! Top notch playing and plenty of humor to boot! If only Brian could loosen up a bit...Ha!

Seriously - You are all great guys and it was a pleasure to meet you. I sure hope we get a chance to hang out again in the future.

If you haven't got a copy of the WAITIKI debut cd, GET ONE NOW! They are the real thing.

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

[ This Message was edited by: Haole Kat 2005-10-12 07:54 ]

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 08:24 am   Permalink

At Hukilau on Friday night Waitiki played a set, then performed over an hour with Robert Drasnin, then played yet another set! Their show is fantastic and wildly entertaining. You'll laugh at their antics and at the same time be amazed at what talented musicians they are. Made big fans out of me and my 62y/o father who was with me. I bought 2 CD's and got an autographed tambourine!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation