[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Boston-based WAITIKI's 1st CD avail:
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Boston-based WAITIKI's 1st CD avail:
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 9:38 pm   Permalink

This started as a reply to your CD contest thread, but I will put it here because I won't participate in the contest.
I can't come up with four radio stations, but thought I'd point out that Radio Margaritaville on Sirius Satellite radio (radiomargaritaville.com) often plays exotica such as Denny, Lyman, and Don Tiki. Are they a realistic prospect for actually playing the material? I don't know, but they do surprise now and then. They are on a big Jake Shimekaburo kick of late. They don't *only* play "star" names; they play lots of niche "tropical" musicians. I'm not saying "niche" and "tropical" are necessarily labels you embrace, but you know, just sayin'...

Yeah, I know, "margaritaville" ... Hey, I didn't name it.

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 07:32 am   Permalink

Mucho Mahalo,

I LOVE Sirius! I confess to leaving my reciever on the classic jazz station most of the time, but they play lots of newer artists there too. They actually have a policy of doing that, and I guess that extends to other formats too. Thanks for checking that out!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 07:38 am   Permalink

This is a very entertainig CD...and it has some of the best corny jokes too...Very fun stuff

[ This Message was edited by: Loki 2005-12-05 05:52 ]

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Lapu Lapu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-02 08:28 am   Permalink

I just got the Waitiki CD. I won it by being one of the lucky callers on KFAI's Jet Set Planet. Flew out to Minneapolis last week to pick it up. Sure it was a haul but well worth it for an excellent 1st CD. It made the flight back much more enjoyable. Buy it.. you won't be disappointed.

View Profile of Chief Lapu Lapu Send a personal message to Chief Lapu Lapu  Goto the website of Chief Lapu Lapu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 08:34 am   Permalink

Holy watermelon batman!

You're telling us they made you FLY OUT there to pick up the cd? Well, i certainly hope they served watermelon on the flight at least.

Ho-san

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 10:12 am   Permalink

Well we offered to mail it to him, but the Chief just couldn't wait that long -- he needed his dose of Waitiki ASAP!

And man, just sos you know, the guy looks like a gorilla, is about 7ft tall, and smashes Watermelons by just looking at them. The Dude is scary!

(I didn't ask for ID. He just broke into the station, busted up some chairs, said "me WIN CD," and that was that. I just handed it to him and he turned and left, strewing debris behind him as he went.)

I, Zombie
Jet Set Planet

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Lapu Lapu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-04 10:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-02 08:34, Mr. Ho wrote:
Well, i certainly hope they served watermelon on the flight at least.

Ho-san

You know, there was once a time not long ago when watermelon was served on some flights. Yes it is true that before the year zero (aka 9/11) many airlines carried fresh fruit! I remember flying on Midwest Airlines before the dark days of air travel when the flight attendant to my delight brought me a fresh pineapple filled with assorted fruit and yes, watermelon. I remember looking out the window while enjoying each delectable bite and thinking, life is good. Ah but those days are long gone. Now you’re lucky if you get a tiny bag of hard mini-pretzels and a grunt.

View Profile of Chief Lapu Lapu Send a personal message to Chief Lapu Lapu  Goto the website of Chief Lapu Lapu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation