FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Pirate tiki mug - project update!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Pirate tiki mug - project update!
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 06:24 am   Permalink

hewey, the range of stuff you churn out is amazing - and at such a fast rate it's a bit concerning! (are you sketching away at your pad 24/7???)
also, there are plenty of tiki-heads down syd way, i think once a month there is a dj (i think his name is dj mai tai) who spins cool tunes at a regular venue <name escapes me atm>... check out the new Outre gallery in surry hills i think (their main gallery is in melb) for cool books, art etc, and also the latest on stuff like where Dj mai tai is at etc etc..
cheers, keep up the cool art!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 12:35 am   Permalink

Thanks Harro. Yeh, the Outre Gallery is my next stop! I want to play around a little bit more, and see if i can 'break into' the gallery with my art. They sound like cool people.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 08:35 am   Permalink

Well, the farm isnt interested in producing the mug. Heaps busy, and not what theyre looking for. Im bummed, but I understand. Shit happens. One door closes, a window opens, you know the drill.

Im still keen to get this mug produced. Might even have a go myself, you never know.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 10:03 am   Permalink

Hey Hewey, take a ceramics class at your local arts center. Then produce your mug/s. Once you get the mold made, you could rent the kiln at some party ceramic store. They don't turn away extra income.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
untamedhighway
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-06 2:19 pm   Permalink

Hey man-don't be too bummed about the Tiki Farm deal. DIY is the way to go! Keep control of your stuff all the way.

View Profile of untamedhighway Send a personal message to untamedhighway  Email untamedhighway Goto the website of untamedhighway     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-07 9:21 pm   Permalink

Hey hewey, just keep creating stuff and posting it here. You have a good imagination. One design may not be the ticket, but the next one may be... you never know.

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: sam gambino 2005-10-08 11:35 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-08 08:09 am   Permalink

Thanks for the support people. I got a few ideas, not sure which way I want to go from here. You'll find out just after I do

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation