FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki ZAZZ!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
ZAZZ!
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-13 4:33 pm   Permalink

I'm dieing of laughter over here! Thanks everyone for brightening up one of the worst months I had to date! Zazz
Oh, I'll have to add Zazz to my ebay search words!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 10:12 am   Permalink

http://www.zazz.de/

We definitely need to hire der rock-pop party band guys for the next crawl. I don't care what it costs to fly them over here.

All in favour, say ja!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 10:17 am   Permalink

http://www.archmktg.com/zazz.html

"With the allure of a Cezanne and the intrigue of a Picasso, Zazz captivates the senses. Its fluid curves and soothing design practice the unique skill of attracting attention - unobtrusively. But the beauty of Zazz goes deep beneath the canvas. Designed for general office use, Zazz is compelling comfort. "

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-14 10:17, tikifish wrote:

"With the allure of a Cezanne and the intrigue of a Picasso, Zazz captivates the senses. Its fluid curves and soothing design practice the unique skill of attracting attention - unobtrusively. But the beauty of Zazz goes deep beneath the canvas. Designed for general office use, Zazz is compelling comfort. "

Now there you go, how about that for some good ad copy!
This cries out for being translated into Japanese Engrish!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 1:56 pm   Permalink

Wait, I think I just peed my pants from laughter. I'll need to get a new chair-Zazz!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 2:01 pm   Permalink

My new tiki bar music-"Pushin"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=921091146

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-15 05:14 am   Permalink

A good way to approximate Engrish is to enter something into Altavist's Babelfish, translate from English to German (or Spanish or French) then back again. This used to work great but I think they've improved their translation, so this one I went from English to Spanish to German and back to English again. Voila.

(file it under: things nerdy writers know)

"with the airs of a Cezanne and of plots a Picasso, Zazz captivates felt. Its curves of the liquid and the project, which are reassuring, practice the original ability to excite the attention - unobtrusively. But the beauty of Zazz goes deeply down from the canvas. Projected for the general use of the office, Zazz is the compelling comfort "

Reever
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-15 07:01 am   Permalink

So, simply put...

Quote:

"Zazz captivates felt."

Nice.

[ This Message was edited by: Reever on 2002-11-15 07:02 ]

View Profile of Reever Send a personal message to Reever  Goto the website of Reever     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-18 10:13 pm   Permalink

looks like the old surfers shrine but in tiki.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-29 11:01 am   Permalink

Jon Stewart using ZAZZ?!?!?

"The Daily Show: September 26, 2005
Posted Sep 27, 2005, 7:51 AM ET by Annie Wu
Filed under: Comedy, OpEd, Late Night, Cable, The Daily Show

Welcome to another week of The Daily Show. Tonight's episode is all hurricane -- except for the commericals. Those can be regarded as the eye of the hurricane show. Alright, Katrina was absolutely crazy with devastation, whereas Rita was just like all other sequels: crappy. "There was damage... but where was the zazz?" Jon Stewart asks. It was only a pussy-ish Category 3. C'mon, God. You've got to step it up a little -- Don't hurt me."
In this context it seems more like he is using it more as a shortened "pizazz" than the zazz as we know it.

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 11:20 am   Permalink

Yes! Hanford & I busted up when we heard that.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-11-04 4:30 pm   Permalink

Jon Stewart used it again a few more times the other day ... it's starting to slip into his normal vocabulary. He's been infected.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 02:16 am   Permalink

Personally, every time I hear or see the word ZAZZ (oh man, there it is again) I get nauseous... am I the only one out there?

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 11:04 pm   Permalink

Nauseous? Like it makes you turn green?

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 11:55 pm   Permalink

Personally I turn ZAZZ....

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation