FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Operation Bahemeth Waterfall is complete 11/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Operation Bahemeth Waterfall is complete 11/07
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 6:21 pm   Permalink

Try checking out Nu-Turf in Pompano. They have a lot of fountains and maybe you can get inspiration from some of theirs.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 6:33 pm   Permalink

It is looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That lip needs to be as thin as you can make it,maybe as thick as a piece of tile (hint), water wants to flow on the surface no go airborne.More water volume also would help but get that lip thin and protruding as much as possible.capo

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2005-10-22 18:43 ]

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 10:35 pm   Permalink

McTiki, that will be one awesome piece of work when finished. At least with mortar you can keep modifying it till it works. Good luck, keep us posted. Sounds like you're getting lots of great advice!

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 1:46 pm   Permalink

Bumped (see page one)

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 2:17 pm   Permalink

Bumped!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 12:18 pm   Permalink

Let me bump this up for my buddy McTiki. Good to have him and his wife up to visit this past weeekend! Pics coming soon.

Waterfall looks kick butt!! Good job there Bro'. Can't wait to see it in full action when we come down for that visit we were talking about.....

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 5:07 pm   Permalink

Great job,nothing like the sound of a waterfall to sooth the savage beast .Have a cool one for me.

[ This Message was edited by: capotiki 2005-11-16 17:08 ]

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 03:52 am   Permalink

Thanks Capo! Youre a huge help!

Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-04 7:33 pm   Permalink

Update??????????????????? Let's see the newly dug pond! We know you've been busy MC.........

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-06 5:40 pm   Permalink

Mctiki just looking to see if your pond is ready.I am looking forward to seeing the completed project!I will keep checking your posts.capotiki

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 04:27 am   Permalink

Hey guys,

Not ignoring this site, but, the pond is complete now as of lastnight. Essentially, I had a case of
dumb@ss and didn't seal it once the texture coat cured. I used the same method Capo taught me to get irregular looking rock look. It turned out fantastic!

Soooo I filled it half full and turned the new 1200 GPH pump on. Nice! Then 3 hours later, We come home and the pond has already lost 2 inches of water. WTF? I could see the saturation going up the unsealed walls and obviously it was taking place from all surfaces as well. After emptying and drying, I put 2 gallons of UGL sealer (tinted grey)on the beast lastnight. This morning, it looks great. I will go back over it (weather permitting) tonight for any blowholes that may not have coverage. Pics this weekend! Dimensions are: 15 ft X 3 1/2 ft wide X 3 ft deep.

Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 05:26 am   Permalink

HOT DAMN!!!!! HE'S COOKING WITH CRISCO NOW!

Sounds awesome braddah! Can't wait to see the final pics. Hope things are well.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-07 05:37 am   Permalink

Cant wait to see the finished and running pics. Cool

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation