[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace The brand new Gecko Mug "VOODOO"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The brand new Gecko Mug "VOODOO"
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 8:27 pm   Permalink

OK all you mug collectors..........Gecko has been working his ass off getting these mugs ready for the Hukilau and now they're ready. This is Gecko's third in his Exotica Artist Series. It is the official Robert Drasnin "Voodoo" mug. They will ONLY be available at the Hukilau 2005 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It will be first come, first serve. These are Artist Proofs that will be a strict Limited Edition of 30. The price is $150 each and come with a custom designed tag made by Doug Horne of Swampfire Lounge. These will be signed by both Gecko and Robert Drasnin. Before you get sticker shock take a look at the mug here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/hula-girl-and-gecko-tiki-mug_W0QQitemZ7715514022QQcategoryZ29460QQcmdZViewItem

Please bring "cash only" please. If we have a computer hookup we might do Paypal therwise it is strictly cash. So start saving up folks the Hukilau is less than 2 weeks away!!

See Ya There,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 9:03 pm   Permalink

Wow man. Awesome mug! I love it. Im not gonna be there, but good luck with the selling

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 07:26 am   Permalink

Aloha ....are there going to be any augie mugs there, at the Hukilau???

[ This Message was edited by: FreddieBallsomic 2005-09-28 07:26 ]

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 1:14 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately no. The Artist Proofs of the Augie Colon mug are strictly eBay only. Actually Gecko wanted to sell the "new" Robert Drasnin mugs on eBay as well because he knows he could make more money that way. That's why this is a special deal to get these at the $150 cost mark. Currently the Augie mugs sell between $160-$180 each on eBay and they are almost gone. The regular edition should be coming out soon though. Hope this helps.

Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 1:49 pm   Permalink

I like the skulls

But I like the hula girl mug.

wait til you see my mugs here of TikiCentral.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WenikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 1:50 pm   Permalink

Here is a photo of Gecko showing one of his new mugs. I took this photo at the 91st birthday party for Annette Nahinu held the other night.

It is a great mug, with lots of detail and I want one!

Guess I'd better sell lots of Ikebana containers so I can afford one of these!

View Profile of WenikiTiki Send a personal message to WenikiTiki  Email WenikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 5:13 pm   Permalink

Great Picture WenikiTiki,

That mug is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Jeff

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-28 7:50 pm   Permalink

I thought that I saw Gecko tonight on "Dog the Bounty HUnter" show. They were at a cage match fight.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 07:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-28 19:50, teaKEY wrote:
I thought that I saw Gecko tonight on "Dog the Bounty HUnter" show. They were at a cage match fight.

I thought the same thing! But wasn't the fight on another island? I only caught a little bit of the show, just enough to think "Hey! Isn't that..."

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 10:44 am   Permalink

Looks like GECKO is under the effects of the "SPOTTED GECKO", small, bloodshot eyes, silly grin..... oh, silly me, thats a picture before he drank one. Great pictures Wendy! I've seen the mug in person and its great!!! aprox 5 different glazes and hefty to boot. Thanks for posting pictures of Annettes birthday. mahalo, Freddie (hoku)

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WenikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 11:26 am   Permalink

DANG! Freddie, I forgot to tell you thanks for the drink... It's a wonder I could take photos after that "Spotted Gecko"... and the Mai Tais.

So have other people been drinking the "Spotted Gecko" and now they think they've spotted Gecko on "Dog, The Bounty Hunter"?

View Profile of WenikiTiki Send a personal message to WenikiTiki  Email WenikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 12:13 am   Permalink

gecko is so awsome, I just got one of these mugs,I cant wait for it to arive...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 05:45 am   Permalink

That is one fine looking mug!!! Congratulations to Gecko and all you lucky devils that'll get one!

Matty

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-30 08:50 am   Permalink

Gecko........very cool mugs.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-01 1:14 pm   Permalink

I was psyched when Gecko contacted my about doing a painting for his "Voodoo" limited edition mug/tag. Below are a couple of pics of the painting. The lamp on the right is from his personal collection and the tiki up on the sign is one of his own carvings. We are offering limited edition Giclee prints (edition of only 25) at Hukilau 13"X19".

Detail

The Art of Doug Horne
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DougHorneArt

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation