Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » The drinks of 007
The drinks of 007
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 05:58 am   Permalink

I posted this link in another thread, but I thought it was so cool that it deserved its own. What's better than spys and liquor? Okay, Tikis and liquor, but it's pretty cool anyway.
http://home.earthlink.net/~atomic_rom/007/intro.htm

[ This Message was edited by: Urban Tiki 2005-09-29 05:59 ]

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 1:18 pm   Permalink

I think this is an excellent website and here's one of my favorite parts:

During his first morning in Jamaica, Bond asks Quarrel if he’s had breakfast. The Cayman Islander replies he’s had “Salt fish an’ ackee an’ a tot of rum.” When 007 remarks that’s “tough stuff to start the day on,” Quarrel replies, “Mos’ refreshin’.”

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-07 4:30 pm   Permalink

Did the current (and now past) Pierce Bronson drink in his films?

I am plagued by the one horrible memory of him hitting of the bottle of Kamchata. The true Bond would never drink something like Kamchata and never hit off the bottle, unless maybe he was casting off the line in order to celebrate in the middle of the Caribbean with a new friend.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-07 5:10 pm   Permalink

Right you are Satan's Sin. One of my favourite Bond lines happens to come from Goldfinger:

“My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ’53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s as bad as listening to The Beatles without ear muffs.”

Bottoms up old man!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation