FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Bamboo Ben Masterpiece
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Bamboo Ben Masterpiece
Tiki Lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-29 07:55 am   Permalink

After years of longing for a tiki room I could call my own, and not being able to get off my ass to do anything about it, I called in the big gun: Bamboo Ben. Ben has spent the last several weeks transforming my guest bedroom suite into Mai Kai, jr. He has another week or so to finish it up, which he'll do in a couple of weeks. I'll post more progress pictures as the work continue. I'm completely blown away by it -- it's far better than anything I'd dreamed of. Let me know what you think!

http://tiki.unkrich.com/tiki_hideaway/index.html

View Profile of Tiki Lee Send a personal message to Tiki Lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-09-29 08:02 am   Permalink

OMFG!!!!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 08:22 am   Permalink

Holy Crow!
I would hate to pay that bill, but if I could it is sure worth it. Bamboo Ben is the man!
Ben, if you need a helper let me know. I've been a carpenter for over 25 years.
Wesley

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 08:24 am   Permalink

BRAVO, Bamboo Ben! Wow... the moldings, the carvings in the beam wrap, the tapa cloth... just WOW! Can't wait for the next wave of pictures. Congrats, Tiki Lee, for making your dream come true! And this is your GUEST room?? I feel a B&B starting up for out of town Tiki ohana!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 08:38 am   Permalink

Tiki Lee, First, Big Welcome to TC, second, WOW, Awesome, Unbelievable! Thanks so Much for sharing this jewel with us here at TC. SO much of BBens work is hidden away, Never to be seen by us mere mortals.
Who is that grey haired Old fart that keeps hoggin the the camera space, could it be our own BambooBen??? Why, yes it is, Hey there bBen.
Seriously this is a Fantastic set of rooms and there is No One but Bamboo Ben who could do this kind of work. It's in his Genes I guess.
Tiki Lee, Thanks again for sharing. I Look forward to seeing the completed pictures. Now if I can get my heart slowed down a bit...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 09:04 am   Permalink

I dont think I would every leave the house again !!
That is amazing . Congrats too you and to Ben on his stunning work.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 09:13 am   Permalink

Thanks for sharing your pic's Tiki Lee you are one lucky MF'er. Bamboo Ben ROCKS!!!!! Please more Pic's!!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 09:21 am   Permalink

I'm a little veclempt... Ben, I take back two-thirds of everything I've ever said about OC & South Bay punks, and half of what I've said about LA punks.

I've been sitting here trying to think of how to put how great that looks, but the best I can come up with is "Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 09:35 am   Permalink

Even better, I bet Ben did it all himself. No helper. Way to go!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 09:41 am   Permalink

That's awesome! I can't wait to see some more pics. Great job Ben!

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 11:34 am   Permalink

That's gorgeous, Lee, thanks so much for sharing pics with us. I've been a big believer in getting rid of as many 90 angles as you can when constructing a tiki room, and your room is a great demonstration of what a difference that makes. That tapa cloth is a fantastic design, where did you find it?

Ben, your work on this room is really stunning. No surprise, of course, I've seen plenty of your work before, but it never ceases to captivate me when I see it.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 11:46 am   Permalink

Stunning! Simply stunning! WOWWWEEEE! I wouldn't know whether to genuflect or order a Mai Tai upon entering! Really worth every penny spent on hiring Master Ben! Kudos, Ben and Lee!!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 12:21 pm   Permalink

WOW! Too f--ing much! Ben is da man! And Tiki Lee, great looking so far (oh fortunate wise man), can't wait to see the finish. I'm sure you can't either.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 1:18 pm   Permalink

Whats all the fuss I didn't do nothing!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-29 1:39 pm   Permalink

Ben's also going to be doing an attached bathroom -- can't say I've seen many Tiki bathrooms around here before. I'm also having Crazy Al carve a tiki to go in one of the corners. Should be magnificent. Add to that some incredible Papua New Guinea masks, figures and spears, and things should be amazing. On top of it all, I had a special electrical circuit run around the room from this place:

http://www.simflame.com/

I have a number of light fixtures from OA, some I already had, and some that Ben will be crafting -- they'll all be on this special circuit that makes the lamps look like flickering candles -- all flickering at a different, random rate.

Humuhumu -- the tapa came from OA. Ben tells me it's a wedding cloth.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee 2005-09-29 13:40 ]

View Profile of Tiki Lee Send a personal message to Tiki Lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation