FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Bamboo Ben Masterpiece
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Bamboo Ben Masterpiece
Tiki_God
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-29 10:14 pm   Permalink

HOLY CRAP!! I too just found this thread. That room is worth every penny! I thought my tiki bar is cool but now it looks like I will have to kick it up a notch. Great work Bamboo Ben and thanks for sharing Tiki Lee!!

View Profile of Tiki_God Send a personal message to Tiki_God      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 02:10 am   Permalink

Simply amazing and fantastic stuff !
Rev Bambooben + Crazy Al ! A dream came true.

Bravo,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UrlScheib
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-29 8:45 pm   Permalink

HOLY CATS - the Bamboo Ben Room is incredible

View Profile of UrlScheib Send a personal message to UrlScheib  Goto the website of UrlScheib     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-29 9:45 pm   Permalink

Ben rocks!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-05 9:46 pm   Permalink

Bump- I still can't believe my eyes when I look at the pics of this place.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-06 01:34 am   Permalink

Bamboo Bens' work and Al Evans' tikis. HOLY SHIT that place is beautiful! You couldn't have gotten two better guys for the job, man. I'd like to have Ben work on my place just be able to hang out and drink beer with him all day, but I can't afford him and I'd end up going to work all beery. This thread is pretty old, but this is the first I've looked. Totally dumbfounded, man.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-06 05:28 am   Permalink

UNHOLY.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 01:43 am   Permalink

Aloha, Lee! And Major Mahalos to both you and your wahine for having the alluring South Seas dream that became the reality known as "Lee & Laura's Tiki Hideaway"!

Your "guest bedroom" has long been one of my personal Holy Shrines of Tikiness at which I periodically stop and bow in worshipful awe! And massive kudos must also go -- fittingly enough -- to those 2 masters of tropically-infused magic & madness, Bamboo Ben and Crazy Al! You guys are simply Da Best!

Along with The Moai Lounge, and, much more recently, The Jungalero Lounge, Lee & Laura's swooningly gorgeous Tiki Hideaway has provided my major inspiration as to what transformational possibilities exist for ones home environment.

However, a BIG difference, in my case, was a little problem called... err... extreme LACK OF BUDGET! So it rook me over a year -- having only one "employee" (i.e., Yours Truly) to do all the work -- to transform my once boringly plain white bedroom into "Castaway Clemens' Paradise Cove Tiki Lounge"!

U can see the pix-heavy thread at:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=28843&forum=18&23

And the non-home (i.e. commercial) establishments which also provided lots of fantasy-fodder for me were ANOTHER of the Good Rev's creations -- Forbidden Island -- as well as, unsurprisingly, The Mai Kai, the late lamented Kahiki, and, on a much smaller scale, The Tiki Ti.

The final look of my place may actually owe more to the Ti, when all is said and done, than anyplace else, just because, like my Cove, it's such a densely layered hodge-podge of oceanic flotsam and jetsum! And though my lil' project is mostly done now, I still have a few major and minor things yet to do to complete it to my full satisfaction.

And, just like you, Lee, a major source of decorative STUFF of all kinds, proved to be the invaluable Oceanic Arts! What a place THAT is for tiki-obsessed home-improvement fanatics!

But, coming back to your now-iconic Tiki Hideaway, the only things I could really see being added, at this point, might be a token glowing puffer-fish lamp and a few float-lights. But I guess that's my love of kitsch and Poly-Pop tradition speaking. The vibe in your room might just be a bit too classy for those elements not to look out of place.

The final effect of your Hideaway, I've always thought, is commensurate with what a thousand-dollar-a-night room in the most elegant of Polynesian-styled hotels should ideally look like!

However, since I, sure-as-shineola, don't have the needed capital to get Bamboo Ben to create a SOAP-DISH for my bathroom -- let alone my whole bedroom oasis -- I was forced, by that ole "mother-of-invention" herself, to get desperately creative. And, in the end, I guess that's not such a bad thing!

But I can always dream of someday having a Tiki Hideaway on a par with yours!

Cheers! And Mahalos once again for all the inspiration!

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nolumu

Posted: 2008-07-16 07:46 am   Permalink

This is by far the coolest bedroom I have ever seen. Whoa! OOOO, Ahhh, and all other extatic sounds......

View Profile of Nolumu Send a personal message to Nolumu  Email Nolumu Goto the website of Nolumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 10:48 pm   Permalink

We've hung some more stuff a while ago

but Lee is a busy guy these days.

Maybe after 2010 he'll refresh the pics.

Balls, etc. from the Trader Vics Sale.

and a couple more shelves too for mugs...

p.s. MAhalo to all enjoying their room.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-27 4:31 pm   Permalink

Yeah Lee, where are the pictures? Can you post some new ones? How about now? Now?................................Ok, post some now, ok? I can wait.............Now?

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-30 2:44 pm   Permalink

Hi Lee, (or Ben) any new pictures to post?
This project was a huge inspiration for me.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 12:38 am   Permalink

!Bump!

Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-11 10:31 pm   Permalink

...aaaaaaaaaaaand bump.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 08:34 am   Permalink

Pu Pu,

He's busy directing Toy Story 3-D.

He'll have time to chill after 2010.....

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation