FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Bamboo Ben Masterpiece
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Bamboo Ben Masterpiece
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 1:46 pm   Permalink

That man on the ladder is none other than The Revrend Bamboo Ben Himself. There should be a # at the store to call, or better yet here it is. 714-960-1860. That is to the shop/store and you can leave a message or listen for hours.
Welcome to TC btw.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 2:28 pm   Permalink

<Wipes tears of sheer envy from cheeks> What a space Ben. Thanks for sharing Lee and welcome to TC for sure. Would you consider funding our addition conversion? You could write it off as a charity donation!

Amazing room.

Mahaloz

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-02 09:35 am   Permalink

Thanks for posting the detail shots. So, a few questions, where did the tapa cloth mural thingy come from? did Ben make that? did he carve all the ceiling panels? Those are really cool! Also - Ben, did you haul all that stuff up from HB? or did you find someplace up here that you got supplies from? please tell us if you did, we've got Ona running to Oceanic Arts for our baby room supplies, and if there's a place up here to get stuff, we'd like to know!

Really amazing room Ben, and thanks for the pictures Lee!
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-02 10:05 am   Permalink

Wow! I'm speechless, without speech!

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-02 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-02 09:35, mrs. pineapple wrote:
Thanks for posting the detail shots. So, a few questions, where did the tapa cloth mural thingy come from?
---------------------------------
Tonga via OA

It's a beauty!!
-----------------------------------

did he carve all the ceiling panels?
yes
----------------------------------

Those are really cool! Also - Ben, did you haul all that stuff up from HB?
yes-via OA

------------------------------------

or did you find someplace up here that you got supplies from? please tell us if you did, we've got Ona running to Oceanic Arts for our baby room supplies, and if there's a place up here to get stuff, we'd like to know!
--------------------------------------
Sorry Mrs. P. OA, OA, OA.

Really amazing room Ben, and thanks for the pictures Lee!
mrs. pineapple

mahalos

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rymert19

Posted: 2005-10-04 11:36 pm   Permalink

wow, such a glorious room, the work put into that is amazing and the result is going to be amazing

View Profile of rymert19 Send a personal message to rymert19      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 10:20 am   Permalink

Wow! That's absolutely spectacular. I'm sure most us only dream of having such a room. I'm curious, what is the function of the room going to be once it's complete? Still a bedroom or is this going to house a tiki bar? I vote for the tiki bar personally.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-05 11:55 am   Permalink

It's still going to be a guest bedroom, but a damn fine one. We've had a lot of people tell us to hold off on putting the furniture in, and have a party to celebrate its completion. Ben's going to be building a bar-like shelf across the side windows. I could hire a bartender to stand outside my house, mixing drinks and serving them into the room.

My family loves going to Hawaii, so we figure this is a way for us to have some of that at home. It'll be the perfect hide-out when we need to escape from the screaming kids...

Ben's been slaving away building furniture for the room this week, including a tiki hutch for the TV. He'll be back soon to complete the room and do the bathroom, so expect more progress photos soon!

View Profile of Tiki Lee Send a personal message to Tiki Lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
codelisa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 12:18 pm   Permalink

Speechless....and jealous! Freakin' awesome!!

View Profile of codelisa Send a personal message to codelisa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-07 08:24 am   Permalink

I've added a few photos of the TV cabinet Ben's been building in his shop. It looks amazing. He continues to outdo himself. BTW, in that last photo, Ben's doing an uncanny homage to Jack Nicholson in The Shining ... "Heeeeeeere's Tiki!"

He'll be back up here on Monday to finish the room and do the bathroom -- I'll post progress photos as the work continues.

http://tiki.unkrich.com/tiki_hideaway/index.html

View Profile of Tiki Lee Send a personal message to Tiki Lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-07 10:12 am   Permalink

Just make sure no one smokes in bed in that room. One little spark and... poof!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-07 10:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-07 10:12, GatorRob wrote:
Just make sure no one smokes in bed in that room. One little spark and... poof!

It's got Fire Srinklers in the ceiling. And, the house is smoke free. We're actually using a finish on the matting that I call Nicotine in a Can, to give it that old school tiki look.

Wait till next week. Pics can only say so much. This room will win awards.

alOha!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-07 10:39 am   Permalink

[/quote]

... We're actually using a finish on the matting that I call Nicotine in a Can, to give it that old school tiki look...

[/quote]

... "nicotine in a can" was also a beverage sold by biker hippies at the orange county fairgrounds some years past...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 6:32 pm   Permalink

oh my, it looks like that cabinet is infested with some sort of pest...
it's the dreaded Reedcloth Jimmy!

Wow, we should have commissioned that bamboo changing table!

Keep posting pics, the room looks great!

mrs. p

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 07:24 am   Permalink

'Ain't no bettah, peryud....Ben is THHHHHHHHHHE man.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation