advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki name of tiki god of money
name of tiki god of money
tabu tiki

Posted: 2005-09-30 12:41 am   Permalink

I am painting my bike with the tiki god of money and need its name, it will be the name of my cruiser. any help would be great
HELP PLEASE!

[ This Message was edited by: tabu tiki 2005-09-30 00:47 ]

View Profile of tabu tiki Send a personal message to tabu tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-30 08:40 am   Permalink

I do not know, but if you find out let me know, we have a 6 foot resin one in the backyard, as well as a flounder burlap painting of the guy. It would be nice to know his name if there is one other than "God of money"

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 08:50 am   Permalink

I think it's "Kala Nui"

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-30 09:42 am   Permalink

well, according to Archie Mc Phee (Outfitters of Popular Culture , and well known historians) its Lako Wai Wai, God of Wealth

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 09:52 am   Permalink

Kala Nui is Hawaiian, Lako Wai Wai is Fijian.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabu tiki

Posted: 2005-09-30 12:10 pm   Permalink

are we sure ? i dont want to be wrong

View Profile of tabu tiki Send a personal message to tabu tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 1:48 pm   Permalink

Here are three references to Kala Nui - god of money:

here

here

here

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-30 09:52, ookoo lady wrote:
Kala Nui is Hawaiian, Lako Wai Wai is Fijian.

I thought it was Laka Moo Lah? And his main shrine was on Mount Wanahokaloogi? Or was it Mount Kamonawanalaya?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 1:59 pm   Permalink

ooko lady, thanks for bumping that up and finding that token.
I have never seen that before. The 3 years I was out there, the Trop never had that token. I placced a bid, maybe I'll get lucky, I really would like it.
Actually I would like to know what happened to the original carvings, where they went when they sold.. No one seems to know. Thanks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-30 13:59, Benzart wrote:
ooko lady, thanks for bumping that up and finding that token.
I have never seen that before. The 3 years I was out there, the Trop never had that token. I placced a bid, maybe I'll get lucky, I really would like it.
Actually I would like to know what happened to the original carvings, where they went when they sold.. No one seems to know. Thanks.

Ben , I talked to at least 6 diffent people and no one could give me or wanted to give me any info on the carvings.

I tried to track down the landscaping manager as you had said and had no luck. I hope that someone from Vegas could find out for us and post it.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 4:29 pm   Permalink

The Simoleans called him the "Etmuk Man".
His wife is called "Kala Awl Maaina"

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 2:15 pm   Permalink

I bet she has all the money!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation