FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau Surf report (update Tues PM!!!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hukilau Surf report (update Tues PM!!!)
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 7:01 pm   Permalink

Got ot go out today, and it felt good just to get wet. This is a link to the local surf cams with reports. Possibly the most accurate in South Florida. The forecast calls for continued surf for most of the week due to a tropical system churning away. Keep your fingers crossed.
As far as where to surf - Out front of the Bahia Mar is all beach break with a consistant sand bar about 2 miles north of the hotel. Florida surfers know that it can all change as the days where on. I look forward to seeing you all in the water.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 7:58 pm   Permalink

I've got a big champagne suburban 1500 with a couple of tiki stickers on it.

I took out the very back seat already so we can pile in my car and head up if we need to.

I love playing the uke at the beach.
It's supposed to be there.

As far as getting up early, don't worry about me, I won't be doing much in the way of intoxicants so I'll be ready.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 9:26 pm   Permalink

Who has an extra board I can ride?

7-0 or longer

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 06:24 am   Permalink

Sorry - heres the link.

http://www.islandwatersports.com/surfcam-index.cfm

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 3:51 pm   Permalink

Update and data are promising. Fri AM is the call! Sat should be mellow sweetness. South winds will mean paddling but, hey, Floridian's are used to it. A drift in Cali ain't quite the same.

I remember the channels and lanes in Manhattan bch that would literally scoot you out to the break.

This is Boca Raton, just a ways* (* "ways" = 30-60 miles) north of where we are going to be.

Mahaloz

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 11:59 am   Permalink

Sooooooo.....
How was it? Who paddled out and who got the wave of the day? Warm water?
I hope y'all had fun hangin 'um.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 1:41 pm   Permalink

It pretty much sucked Chongolio! Howling onshores for the first 2 days, then it just went flat and mushy. Warm though! Nobody missed a thing surfwise. Tiki G was the trooper and actually got up early Sat to wave spy and notify us. He promptly went back to bed.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation