FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikis by Mooney...Monday 6/9 New Tongaroa pendant and more
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Tikis by Mooney...Monday 6/9 New Tongaroa pendant and more
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 11:45 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!!!

Sorry about the delay in responce, but I have been a bit busy with new carvings and new tiki paintings for the Hukilau.I have Quiet a few carvings going and some to finish as well as 2 finished tiki paintings and 3-4 more to come, and I will post some pics real soon.camera problems .

Mahalo to all that have peeked in on my carvings and paintings much appreciated.
Alos Mahalo seeksurf,benella,Mrs Hoptiki,harro and all my friends who have responded before thank you,Aloha for now, your friend, Mooney

[ This Message was edited by: MooneyTiki 2008-05-16 11:49 ]

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 08:43 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!!! Sorry about the delay,but a bit busy at the home front, but I hope we have turned the corner a bit.
I have a few things to post so here goes.
My son ryan and I working a small Mahagony panel.He loves the wood tools ask Benzart!

Fender strat guitar that i have to strip and carve for a friend. I almost have the stripping done now more pics later.got to love those Fender Guitars.

The Maori panel that i'm working on and a Marq pendant almost finished all but the Tats. The panel is Mahagony and the pendant is Sapaylee and another mahagony piece as well as some Koa on the table.

close up of the Marq pendant

I have a few other carvings but I'll post those soon with a little more progress.Aloha to all Mahalo for lookin and to all keep creating all those SWEET pieces of ART you all create, Aloha Jimmy Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 08:48 am   Permalink

Holy Moly Mooney! Some great stuff goin on over there! The Maori is beautiful. But LOOK OUT! Fender carving coming on here! Can't wait to see all of this. I couldn't imagine carving up ANY of my Fenders, but someone elses?? sure.
Future TC'r Ryan.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 5:57 pm   Permalink

Love that Marq! Maori panel is pretty fine as well...great to see you stuff again, and the next generation carver. Thank YOU for posting...I love looking at your stuff.

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 01:41 am   Permalink

Hi Mooney,

Can't wait for the fender update

The panel and the marq pendant seem very neat and smooth. Great job.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-26 10:35 pm   Permalink

Oh cool! Whatcha doin' with the git-tar?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 11:25 pm   Permalink

Jimmy!

Sweeeeet!

You're cranking out some excellent stuff!

We're working too hard! I think Friday afternoon of Hukilau we wander into the Wreck Bar and grab ourselves a strong one to ease the aching arms, wrists, elbows, shoulders, backs and whatever else!

Looking forward to seeing all your great work in person... best of luck as we go into the home stretch!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 02:38 am   Permalink

That Marq pendant is great! Heaps of character.

No hints as to whats coming for the Strat'? Thats a good way to keep us watching..

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 07:11 am   Permalink

Excellent stuff, Mooney. I really dig the relief carving - more please. Looking forward to working Hukilau with you.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-27 08:11 am   Permalink

Really cool marq design!!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 2:43 pm   Permalink

Your panel work is very nice looking. I think I know your secret though, I need to have a kid help me out as well. Show us more of your carvings.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 4:56 pm   Permalink

Nice work. Man you always have your plate full.

I'm thinking you surprise the guitar owner with some
tiki art on the guitar

Yes, i have been getting alittle surf in the last few
weekends. Fills Good.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 5:23 pm   Permalink

Stuff is Looking Great Jimooney! I am Really loving how you are getting the fine detail on those Lonos and giving them the Mooney Personality, Good work. As for Ryan, Yes folks this here 4 year old is already holding and using Chisels, {Well Almost) and is a Tiki struck kid if there ever was one. I Know Jimmy has to keep a tight reign on him around his tools because they are All "Mine daddy" and he really tries to get them . He Loved the Benzart shop and is ready for lessons!
Of course Jimmy is Holding some stuff back for later

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 11:38 am   Permalink

Aloha to all and thanks for stoppin by!!!

Surfintiki, Mahalo for the comp. you've got some very cool carvings coming from your creative juices my friend,lookin fwd to seeing more.
ROBIN,Aloha and Mahalo. What you got going in your carving ART. Hopefully we will see soon missing your beautiful art.
Benella, Thank you my friend.Hows that maple carving. your carvings are looking sweeter all the time.
LAKE, Just tryin to have fun with the carvin bug. thanks for the kind words.I hope your thumb is getting better, and your carvings are looking great.
Tama, Mahalo for the nice words much appreciated.I love seeing your amazing art.Each piece has such a life of it's own and cant wait to see whats next.
ALOHASTATION, Tom, your carvings do look like theyare walking around and hanging out with us all.very kool style that you have and looking forward to seeing and havin a booth together at Hukilau
JohnnyP,Mahalo for the nice comp.YES the secrets out my 3yr old son Ryan is the Brains behind my carving jones"Darn, I was so close to keeping it a secret and considering that I only pay him a wendys frostie for his help"HA HA HA.
Tahitiki,Thank you for the nice words my friend very appreciated. Looking forward to seeing more of your ultra cool carvings.
SEEKSURF,Your last carving was incredable my friend cant wait to see whats next and YES i've got a tiki/surf drawing almost done for the Fender.will show soon
Benzart,Mahalo my friend and thanks for all the help, and yes that 3 yr old lad Ryan keeps me hoppin and watchin to see that he doesnt run off with to many of my tools like the hammer i lost last week Dont anyone worry. I found the hammer when i ran it over with the lawn mower! that will wake you up!but he loves to carve mostly in the sand bow and on his little tykes work bench and his 2 older sisters are both very artistic as well.
I just finished this LONO out of albeezia with a piece of bamboo and Albeezia base.This is heading up to freddie Balls hopefully lono will bring some warm tropical weather in his new home

The fender strat after 6hrs of stripping and getting ready for the art on it and then it's.....

and last but not least a Maori mask out of pine hopefully it will be ready by Hukilau.

Mahalo to you all and keep creating al that KOOL art you all make, Aloha your friend, Mooney

[ This Message was edited by: MooneyTiki 2008-05-28 11:43 ]

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 6:11 pm   Permalink

The lono head next to the water looks fantastic.

The guitar might be my local wood alder? I love the texture of this
wood it holds detail well also.

The mask is great! man you have a full plate.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation