FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikis by Mooney...Monday 6/9 New Tongaroa pendant and more
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Tikis by Mooney...Monday 6/9 New Tongaroa pendant and more
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 7:26 pm   Permalink

looks great, really like the mask

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 12:21 am   Permalink

man, you're a carving monster. i don't get around to all the threads like i wish i had time for. i love your stuff more and more. can't wait to meet you at hukilau. your wave carvings are insperational to say the least.(along with all your other work) where you at Benz's chop? did i just miss you or was i just out of it? looking forward to it, your friend pat.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 05:33 am   Permalink

aloha mooney,
man you have so many different fish on the fry at the moment!!
i love the finished lono, and the marq, and well the guitar - i'm very interested in watching that one, being a guitar nut!
cheers.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 07:53 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!!!
Seeksurf, Mahalo for the nice words,much appreciated my friend.
TikiDuddy, Thanks for the kind words.
greentikipat,pat,yes i was at bens carvin chop but had to leave early to get back to my daughters birthday party,but i look forward to meeting you at the Hukilau and seeing your Amazing Art.
Harro,2 many fish to fry and so little time till Hukilau to finish them and I dont think I'm gonna be able to finish the KOA Lono by then but will see. Mahalo for the nice words and how are you I hope well aloha your friend mooney.

Well I have a few photos to show of some carvings so here goes
First, those that have been followin know my helper Ryan (mister i wanna carve with dad and all the tool in the shed are MINE)well here is mister Ryan helping me carve a Moai pendant in Al-bee-zee-ah oh by the way his sister Hannah loves to carve also, she was busy on the trampoleen.

close up of Ryans Moai we put a New spin on the pendant by carving a Fish Hook for the nose and an A frame Wave for the ear.

Lono looking for a date with the hula girl. Finally finished this lono pendant in Black walnut.

I found this scrap piece of maple out back in the trash at a local woodshop and I thought it would make a Great wave but the wood is Way more Beautiful than I could have imagined.

maple wave check out the grain and how it goes in 2 directions!

The Maori Mask is almost finished. I just have to draw the Tattoos and carve them and he's off to the Hukilau. If you look at the nose sideways you can see a surf wave on each nostril.

well thats all the pics that I have for now, but I have a couple more to post on monday some to finish and a few New ones Mahalo to all that stopped by and may the Aloha always be at your door every day, Aloha your friend Jimmy Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 09:06 am   Permalink

Awesome! Can't wait to see it finished and in person @ Hukilau.

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 11:19 am   Permalink

Excellent stuff Jimmy and I Love the wave even though the wood is Hard as nails. Perfect age to start Ryan out carving with the power tools Too. Glad I don't hafta wait till Huki to see your stuff! That Spike Tiki is really cool but I don't think you should take it with you, instead leave him here in my shop so the peeps don't get scared away from the rest of your stuff. He can hang out here for awhile, I'll let you know when he's safe!.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 1:24 pm   Permalink

Excellent stuff Mooney, especially the mask that is beautiful.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 2:46 pm   Permalink

Holly cow! where to start? The fish hook face is great love the
free flowing feel.

I see the wave in the wood already. NICE

The mask is a master piece outstanding work!

You are a busy man. What a great post of pic's and tales.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 3:35 pm   Permalink

Holy Cats Mooney, the Maori mask is really gonna be nice. Great
work on everything that you do, but I can't wait to see where you take
the Maori. Inspiring, makes a guy wanna get back to work!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 4:04 pm   Permalink

Wow!! That mask is something, that's gonna be awesome when it's done (it's already awesome now!!!) I really like the twisted Moai too.

Craig

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 11:51 pm   Permalink

Jimmy!

Love the Maori piece!

Classic Mooney A-Frame tiki with some beautiful grain as only pine can give!

Hope you bring this guy, would love to see it up and personal!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-06 06:03 am   Permalink

Great mask!!! I love it!.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 09:31 am   Permalink

Love the detail on the eyes and the use of the wood grain really brings out the cheek area. Very Nice!

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 02:00 am   Permalink

Man you are pumping out some great stuff lately. Digging the surf-themed pieces and the freaky moai, but the mask - WOW. It has awesome presence already!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 05:23 am   Permalink

bump

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaStation 2008-06-12 12:02 ]

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation