FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Special Event! Spirit of Polynesia LIVE at Trader Vic's San Francisco October 13! Read on!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Special Event! Spirit of Polynesia LIVE at Trader Vic's San Francisco October 13! Read on!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-04 5:31 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I know everyone is jazzed about Hukilau right now (rightly so!), but I just got confirmation for an exciting upcoming event at Trader Vic's that you won't want to miss!

Spirit of Polynesia, the Bay Area's premier Polynesian revue will be performing at Trader Vic's San Francisco on Thursday, October 13th from 6:30 to 9:30 pm.

That's right: Live traditional music & dance right in the heart of the beautiful new SF Trader Vic's!

PLUS:

Discount appetizer and drink specials!

BIG PLUS:

Just say "I'm with Tiki Central" to your server or bartender and your first drink is on us!

Did you hear that? I said Trader Vic's is buying YOU a drink. How cool is that?

The perfect way to unwind on a Thursday night and ease your way back to reality after Hukilau.

Don't miss it!

For more info about Spirit of Polynesia, see:
http://www.spiritofpolynesia.com/index.htm

Post to this thread if you're thinking about coming so we can get a rough headcount.

Mahalo!!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 10:45 am   Permalink

I got a couple of heads here.

Ya know, I am with Tiki Central. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Someone call Security!
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-09 12:51 pm   Permalink

Just announced: More details about the event!

Check out the special offers:

Blue Hawaiian, Mai Tai, Bahia, Trader Vic's Own Punch, Menhune Juice: All just $5!

Scorpion Bowls & Kava Bowls: Only $10!

And amazing appetizers- all NEW from our chef just for this event:

-Huli Huli style Hawaiian Tuna
-Rumaki
-Spicy Baked Shrimp with Macadamia Nuts
-Pineapple Marinated Hawaiian Spareribs
-Golden Fried Hawaiian Mahi Mahi with Maui Onion Dip
-Grilled Lamb with Mango Chutney

Only $8 each!

That will chase away the post-Hukilau blues!!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 3:24 pm   Permalink

So, are you bar tending? Because we missed you the night of the art show, and baby boy is behaving himself much better these days. We were thinking of coming into the city for this! Baby Pineapple finally fits into one of his adorable aloha/tiki outfits and he needs to bust it out before he bust out of it! We can actually time his feedings so I can have a cocktail these days! WOOHOO!

Count us 3 pineapples in!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-10 11:05 pm   Permalink

Post Hukilau Bump!

Bump! Bump!

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-10 11:06 pm   Permalink

And I hope to not be bartending, so that I may hang wit ma peeps. But I might. We shall see...

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-11 08:37 am   Permalink

WWJD? Be at Trader Vic's this Thursday! I can't think of anything better to cure the post Mai-Kai blues then to have a few well-made tropical drinks by martiki.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-12 1:51 pm   Permalink

My apologies for the incessant bumping, and I don't mean to step on all the great Hukilau stories, but c'mon team bay area- come on out!

It's what The Jab would do!

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 2:20 pm   Permalink

Just say "I'm with Tiki Central" to your server or bartender and your first drink is on us!

Free drink!!! Heck, I'd listen to Celine Dion* cd's for a free Vic's libation.

midnite

* Martiki is not bringing his record collection, right?

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-12 2:27 pm   Permalink

I'll be there around 7:30, Crazy Al might be there too!?!?

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-12 5:33 pm   Permalink

I HAD OTHER PLANS, but I'm changing my mind and I'll be going to see Franken-Martiki!!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:45 am   Permalink

Pineapples (baby included) are planning on being there, 730-ish

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:51 pm   Permalink

I'm thirsssty!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:47 am   Permalink

Thanks Martiki for the fun event. Wish this could be a monthly happening. Hint.

We even got to see a baby pineapple. Despite mrsmiley's attempts baby pineapple would not taste the Mai Tai.

The San Francisco Trader Vic staff were exceptional as usual. It was tempting to stay and party with them after hours but my wallet is mighty thin after Hukilau. Perhaps next time.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-10-14 11:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-14 10:47, thejab wrote:
Thanks Martiki for the fun event. Wish this could be a monthly happening. Hint.

Dean that's a fabulous idea! We can incorporate it into our monthly bay area mini-crawl. SF Vics 5-6:30; Emeryville Vics 7-9; Conga Lounge Oakland 9:30-close. martin - do you work Thursdays?

All in favor?

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation