FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Creating Tiki: October theme - Monster/freaky tiki!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Creating Tiki: October theme - Monster/freaky tiki!
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 10:01 am   Permalink

here's something along the same lines.....dva gallery is having their "werewolf bongo party" art opening group show on oct. 29th. Lot's of low-brow halloween themed art available...visit-

www.dvagallery.com

for more info.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 10:30 am   Permalink

Thanks Rodeo. You should have seen some of the faces on the people at Hukilau that saw it. I think it scared them sober..............

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 5:35 pm   Permalink

Hey tiki g! I dont know what to think of it, but it looks rad! How cool would it look lit from beneath by a single spotty in the garden at night? It would freak people out!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 06:13 am   Permalink

Thanks Hewey. Much appreciated. Yeah all lit up would be cool. He looks like he should have a remote flame that would shoot out between his fangs when people walked by........Of course I would keep a fire extinguisher close by;)

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-12 3:01 pm   Permalink

well here a qucikie I did today it's more funny that freaky... but then I think most of my stuff is. Lately I've been facinated by the weird-ohs models so I think thats where this came from in a way
FrankenTIKI

( I'mtotally self taught so my technique can be kinda crappy.)

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 3:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-12 15:01, wicked wrote:

( I'mtotally self taught so my technique can be kinda crappy.)

I like it , he has a grin on him like he just beat some tourist on the beach and took his mai tai.

And as in the 1992 Rap album from Eric B and Rakim
" Dont sweat the technique."

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 5:59 pm   Permalink

Cool work wicked

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 7:42 pm   Permalink

Not sure what the hell this is . Its not really tiki. I had some time to waste and a odd piece of wood. I am gonna sand it a little, then torch inside the eyes and nose and maybe give it a white wash.
I really need to finish one before starting on another.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 8:43 pm   Permalink

Thats cool rodeo. Not real tiki but cool none the less.

I would suggest some tea light candles for the eyes (although it might burn the top of the eye), and some maori style facial tatts for the cheeks. Would look really cool.

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 8:58 pm   Permalink

I have last year's Halloween CD that has a big red tiki on it:

I just happened to rework that same vampire (trust me, she's oldddddddddd) for this year's CD today:

I should design a CD using that photo EVERY year...ha ha (that would be true to how Vampires see themselves)

p.s. Hi, Wicked! I can't believe you have 16 posts already...you've been a busy little bee. I'll have to stalk you like a Vampire later when I have more time... (you won't feel a thing other than euphoria)

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 9:02 pm   Permalink

Did this a while ago, and now it resides in a great home. Casa Balsamic, whassup FC!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sideshow Stamps
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 03:20 am   Permalink

Here is a little something Noah (of Untamed Highway) and I did a few years ago.
It's a kinda freaky tiki surreal land where alien-lodge members and mermaids coexist, and tikis are the rulers...
Not totally Halloween but still spooky...

Noah drew some of it and inked it, and I drew the rest and watercolor painted it.
: )
Jennifer

www.sideshowstamps.com
Retro & Tiki Art and Rubber Stamps...

[ This Message was edited by: Sideshow Stamps 2005-10-13 03:29 ]

View Profile of Sideshow Stamps Send a personal message to Sideshow Stamps  Email Sideshow Stamps Goto the website of Sideshow Stamps     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sideshow Stamps
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 03:32 am   Permalink

Stuff-o-Rama! I love your entry!
Great homage to old sci-fi and horror movies!
That is one of my favorite parts about Halloween - breaking out all the old cheesy horror, sci-fi and B-movies!
Long live Tor and Bela!

www.sideshowstamps.com
Retro & Tiki Art and Rubber Stamps...

View Profile of Sideshow Stamps Send a personal message to Sideshow Stamps  Email Sideshow Stamps Goto the website of Sideshow Stamps     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 05:58 am   Permalink

Stuff-O-Rama, nice. Creates a mood and I always liked scared women on horror posters. Tiki G, Your carving is the most non-traditional and creative on the board. I like it alot. Wicked, really nice, I like Weirdos too. Always have. Rodeo, thats a really cool mask you got going on there. Can't wait to see it done. Exoticat, I think I'd like to meet you, whoops! I mean great graphic treatment! Yeah, that's it. Tiki Diablo, cool little tiki. Who'd a thought of a pitch fork? Sideshow, I love pen and ink the most and you got it go'in on. Very nice.

Really good and fun stuff. Love this forum.

[ This Message was edited by: foamy 2005-10-13 05:59 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:29 am   Permalink

rodeotiki, I like the skull! i'm kinda partial to skulls myself.

Exoticat:
Quote:
I can't believe you have 16 posts already...you've been a busy little bee. I'll have to stalk you like a Vampire later when I have more time... (you won't feel a thing other than euphoria)

I love you! no raaaaly I do. You know me I get started and I can't shut up. BWA HAW HAW HAW TIKI room of terror is back!! Vampire Riff!

Tiki Diablo: I like deviled SPAM!

Sideshow Stamps: I saw that in anpther thread, I'm diggin the mermiads & aliens!

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation