FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Why doesn't Ford sell this in the States?
Why doesn't Ford sell this in the States?
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 7:29 pm   Permalink

WARNING: SIMULATED ANIMAL VIOLENCE

See ad
HERE

[ Edited by: Humuhumu - added warning - 2005-10-04 22:58 ]

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 7:34 pm   Permalink

Why doesn't Ford put this in production?

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 02:33 am   Permalink

Sorry, HH.

Johntiki--is that a concept car? Sweet!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 06:16 am   Permalink

Sweet ride. Im already picturing bullet grill, solid billet 'smoothies', and subtle traditional style pinstriping done in a subdued pearl for a 'ghost' effect...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwampCreature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-05 09:33 am   Permalink

Yes, it's a concept car, the 2001 Ford 49. Do a Google image search for "Ford concept 49 convertible". Absolutely beautiful.

View Profile of SwampCreature Send a personal message to SwampCreature      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 12:14 pm   Permalink

Yes, the beloved Ford 49... without a doubt the coolest of all retro concept cars that hasn't seen the light of day (I may be biased because I've always had a thing for "Shoebox Fords") It's probably best that they don't make it available, I can see one hell of a price-tag on this baby... just like the Plymouth Prowler, the Ford Thunderbird, the Chevy SSR, etc. The only P.O.S. they made affordable was the PT Cruiser and who the hell wants to drive that? (no offense to anyone who drives a PT Cruiser! )

Hewey - I've pictured lowering it, adding some dummy spots, some lake plugs, some fender skirts and some wide whitewalls. Not to mention chopping the top, adding an old school flame job, custom wheels that replicate '57 Caddy hubcaps, etc. A thoroughly modern lead-sled!!

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki 2005-10-06 05:42 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 10:10 pm   Permalink

I'll drink to that Johntiki!!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 11:17 pm   Permalink

Why is it that the essence of style that makes concept cars so cool is lost on production vehicles?

it's a shame.

I think cars should look like tropical fish

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation