FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Any Tiki-Christmas Drink Recipes?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Any Tiki-Christmas Drink Recipes?
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-18 11:59 pm   Permalink

Ace, mahalo for sharing a bit of your bar-tending skills. I just had to Google "microplane grater" I love gadgets and cool bar stuff. I also like to gross my wife out.
I raved on and on about the grater and she thought it was cool til I showed her that they also make foot files. She gave me an unfriendly "look".
Merry Christmas!

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-12-18 23:59 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-27 10:54 am   Permalink

My pleasure, sir! I'm always learning new things because I keep trying new things...

You made me laugh about the foot files - I haven't heard that before. I know that MicroPlane makes wood files, and I think that's how they started out. The MicroPlane design is now being copied by many others, and this is causing prices to drop. Any kitchen store (or outlet) is likely to have a selection. The MicroPlane is excellent for making falernum when you need the peel but not the underlying white pith. I recommend adding one or two size files to any bartender's Christmas list!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation