FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Any Tiki-Christmas Drink Recipes?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Any Tiki-Christmas Drink Recipes?
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-18 08:15 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2015-12-17 23:21, mikehooker wrote:Does the Martinique Milk Punch work as a holiday cocktail? I've never had it.

Sure, that's a good one. And of course the Hot Buttered Rum.
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2011/12/18/mai-kai-cocktail-review-got-milk-punch-martinique-rum-adds-zing-to-this-classic/
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2011/12/25/mai-kai-cocktail-review-hot-buttered-rum-is-a-heart-warming-winter-classic/

I'm also partial to Coquito instead of eggnog. I'll find the recipe I used last year and post. There are many online that are way too complicated. No need to cook anything.

[ This Message was edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2015-12-18 08:15 ]

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-12-18 10:00 am   Permalink

I noticed Arriano's new batch of Don recipes has a Martinique Milk Punch that is quite a bit different than the Mai Kai recipe you posted from Saveur magazine. Besides the ingredient list, the proportions from Don appear to be a single serving whereas the Mai Kai's is a four person punch. Have you tried both? Have a preference?

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cvcgolf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-12-18 5:59 pm   Permalink

Here are a few to try..

http://dappered.com/2015/12/5-essential-spirits-for-holiday-cocktails/

View Profile of cvcgolf Send a personal message to cvcgolf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-19 09:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-12-18 10:00, mikehooker wrote:
I noticed Arriano's new batch of Don recipes has a Martinique Milk Punch that is quite a bit different than the Mai Kai recipe you posted from Saveur magazine. Besides the ingredient list, the proportions from Don appear to be a single serving whereas the Mai Kai's is a four person punch. Have you tried both? Have a preference?

I haven't tried Arriano's interpretation yet. The major difference, aside from the size, seems to be Don's Spices #2 (vanilla-allspice). Not a bad idea. My version is likely sweeter and less spicy, reflecting what I've tasted at The Mai-Kai. But I'm due to revisit that classic, so I'll be sure to post an update.

Here's a good recipe for Coquito, the Caribbean version of eggnog. It's eggless and very easy to prepare.

1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (15 ounces) Coco Lopez
1 cup of white or gold rum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Add all ingredients to a blender and mix well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg.

Mele kalikimaka!

The official blog of The Hukilau

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-24 12:10 am   Permalink

Just posted in The Week in Tiki:

The Devil’s Island Daiquiri from Jeff “Beachbum” Berry:
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2015/12/23/the-week-in-tiki-nov-30-dec-13-2015-the-mai-kai-anniversary-party-the-hukilau-updates-jungle-cruise-restaurant-at-disney-world-polynesian-resort-lights-torches-plus-more/#devils-island

Plus Hapa Holidaze from The Atomic Grog:

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2015/12/23/the-week-in-tiki-nov-30-dec-13-2015-the-mai-kai-anniversary-party-the-hukilau-updates-jungle-cruise-restaurant-at-disney-world-polynesian-resort-lights-torches-plus-more/#Hapa-Holidaze

Mele kalikimaka!

Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-27 4:53 pm   Permalink

This is one from Zen Tiki Lounge Podcast. I enjoy it

Xmas Helper

1 ounce Vanilla Rum or Vanilla Liquor (at least 50 proof)

1 ounce Seven Tiki rum

2 ounces Pomegranate Cherry juice

Lime peel

Combine all ingredients in a shaker with 1 cup crushed ice. Twist a long piece of lime peel over shaker before tossing in. Shake very well and pour unstrained into your favorite tiki mug or large rocks glass. Garnish with lime curls.

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-31 7:32 pm   Permalink

Here's one more, an eggnog riff that could easily be enjoyed year-round:

The Demerara Flip from The Atomic Grog ...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2015/12/31/the-week-in-tiki-dec-14-27-2015-preview-new-tiki-bars-coming-in-2016-festive-new-years-events-a-new-kon-tiki-voyage-plus-more/#rum

Okole maluna and happy new year!

Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-15 7:52 pm   Permalink

A new tribute recipe is posted for The Mai-Kai's Martinique Milk Punch ...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2011/12/18/mai-kai-cocktail-review-got-milk-punch-martinique-rum-adds-zing-to-this-classic/

mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-03-15 9:50 pm   Permalink

Good timing on this post as I'm fresh out of limes and was wanting something dessert-like to drink. I made two. First, with Hamilton 86 and next with El Dorado 12. I gotta say, I'm just not a fan of the Hamilton 86. I've made half a dozen drinks with it now and don't think I've truly enjoyed a single one of them. I tried another one of these with a different Demerara to see if it's the drink I don't like or the rum. It was definitely the rum. With the El Dorado it was silky smooth and enjoyable. The Hamilton just seemed unbalanced and unpleasant. Will have to give the ancestoral recipe with Martinique rum a whirl.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation