[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki TikiKate , House and Collection disaster
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
TikiKate , House and Collection disaster
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 3:47 pm   Permalink

I am posting this on behalf of Tikikate as she is unable to get online very easily . She was on shout today and told us what had happened to her.

Some of you may have heard that a car crashed through her house last night. It was a stolen car being pursued by police. One bedroom and a bathroom were destroyed. She has also lost half of her mug collection , Shag prints , Tiki farm mugs , Doug Horne and Tim Biskoff stuff. There was minor flooding as a water main broke.

No one was hurt thankfully!!

She is staying with her sister and is unable to go home until the insurance company says her house is safe to do so.
Kate will try to get online too keep us posted as to what is going to happen.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2005-10-09 15:53 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 3:57 pm   Permalink

Kate, if there is anything we can do for you please let us know..We feel for you girl..glad you are o.k. what a weird thing..

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 6:28 pm   Permalink

Man that ReallyHurts. First as Ono said, we are very glad you are OK, that could have been very different, Whew! I also would guess that the insurance peeps will have a hard time evaluating the value of some of your things, Damn it.
I Hope everything works out OK. If we can help at all, just say the word.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 8:17 pm   Permalink

I am so sorry to hear this. Tiki-Kate is a passionate collector and also a very nice person. She has 293 mugs listed on ooga-mooga. At least that may help in documenting her loss for the insurance company.

She very generously offered to help me get a mug I was seeking, and another time offered to replace a pendant.

When you're ready, I hope you'll let us help you rebuild your collection.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 9:10 pm   Permalink

I think the Farm should help out as best as we can. Kate has been a long time collector of our mugs. I would like to donate 12 mugs of all new designs over the next 12 months with an additional 3 of those being limited editions. I hope this is a small sign of what our Ohana has to offer!
Mahaloz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 10:40 pm   Permalink

Holden,
That is very cool. We applaud all your efforts to help those who are going through some tough times right now.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 11:25 pm   Permalink

Bravo to Holden and Tiki Farm!!!!!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 08:21 am   Permalink

How bizarre! Kate, I can generate an inventory of your collection with estimated replacement costs for the insurance company, I've sent you a PM with details.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 10:43 am   Permalink

It's nuts what life can throw at you. I'm glad everyone is alright.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-10 10:51 am   Permalink

Its a terrible thing to loose all those mugs but it dose mean that Tikikate has taken PolynesianPop's crown in the most "tiki mug misfortunes".

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 5:04 pm   Permalink

I have something that I could also send, could someone pm with her info if they have it, mahalo.

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 10:43 am   Permalink

I wanted to thank you all for the kind words of support and all of the generous offers that I've received.

Forgive me if I don't respond to all of you for about a week or so.

I haven't been able to even start assessing the loss of the collectables. What really broke my heart was losing so many things in that room that had belonged to my mother. Those can never be replaced. All in all, I'm just glad to be alive.

The police clocked the car thief doing 100mph when he hit my house.

My insurance company is taking good care of me so far.

I'm hoping the house will be inhabitable again in the next few days.

Thanks for letting everyone know what happened, rodeotiki.

You really are the best people.

Kate

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 11:34 am   Permalink

OMG, that is heart breaking. So glad that no one was hurt.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 12:09 pm   Permalink

Unreal. And Holden should be placed in the hall of the righteous. Do you own the house?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 1:22 pm   Permalink

Kate:

You were one of my inspirations to get a digital camera to share my collection
on ooga-mooga. I am so sorry that this indescribable accident has happened to you. I am floored actually.
Our prayers are with you. I know how devastating this is to lose your Mother's things, which cannot be replaced. We had a fire at our ranch in Nogal, New Mexico in 1983, and all my Mother's photos of her family and our kiddy photos were destroyed.
Let us know how the insurance is resolved, and what we should do as far as supplemental homeowners.

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation