Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge another summer come and gone
another summer come and gone
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 11:00 pm   Permalink

The official end of summer (for me at least) is just around the corner. I'm talkin' about October 30. The last day of Daylight Savings Time. That's when that old ennui sets in as the days get darker and colder and memories of beach BBQs, pool parties that last all night and holidays in the sun begin to fade and it's business as usual again. I guess there's nothing left to do now but grab a bottle of Cognac, secure the skis to the roofrack of the Porsche and head up to Aspen (sigh).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-09 11:12 pm   Permalink

Nothing left to do but to grab a bottle of anything and start making reservations to fly to Hawaii.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 07:14 am   Permalink

... surf gets better in the fall and winter months... especially at the reefs... go to the beach...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 07:57 am   Permalink

fall is a splendid time for a fondue party, though

just keep your tikis out of the fireplace

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 08:49 am   Permalink

As the poet sayeth:

When the weather's hot 'n' sticky,
That's no time to dip your wicky.
When the frost is on the pumpkin --
THAT'S the time for dickie dunkin'!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-11 10:15 am   Permalink

Here in the Bay Area the best weather is in the fall: sunny, warm days at the beach with no summer fog or spring wind. Our summer just started!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 12:54 pm   Permalink

I guess it's time to strap on the snowshoes and go parka shoppin'!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 3:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-11 12:54, tikifish wrote:
I guess it's time to strap on the snowshoes and go parka shoppin'!

Amen, bro! How about two months of raking leaves followed by three months of shoveling snow, eh? I only wish it was the dark keeping me in all winter....

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JimTandem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 3:17 pm   Permalink

Hey SWJoey, you know all those bbq's and summer parties are that much more special because you have to look forward to them! If you had em all the time they wouldn't be as special....I think....no....wait...your right...gimme sunsets at 8:00 pm all year and daytime highs is the mid 80's all year long.

...summer breeze, makes me feel fine...

View Profile of JimTandem Send a personal message to JimTandem  Email JimTandem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 9:16 pm   Permalink

It's Sausage eatin' season...coupled with it's companion BEER...nothing wrong with that.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 11:36 pm   Permalink

By God, you guys are right! I can see that silver lining just behind the clouds. There IS a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of everyday and I'll always look on the bright side of life. I think it was the brat & beer that turned me around. I hereby declare the entire month of October to be OKTOBERFEST! The band's getting set up. The kegs of Spatten, EKU and Bittburger are being tapped. The brats are sizzling on the grill and the Hofbrahaus frauliens in their tight bustiers and overflowing bosoms are causing my lederhosen to fit tight. Eins...Zwei...Drei...

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 02:47 am   Permalink

Down here on Oz, its more like another winter gone, summer on the way. Hahaha. Ill think of you shovelling snow while Im at the beach Im sure you feel so much better

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation