Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Pen N Ink cartoon tiki madness
Pen N Ink cartoon tiki madness
untamedhighway
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-11 03:34 am   Permalink

Here are some pieces by Shawn n Noah of Untamed Highway comic book. This is Noah, by the way. Shawn is in the process of getting a computer and will hopefully be one of us soon. In the meantime, I'm representing him by proxy. Both Shawn and I contribute art to Untamed Highway. He generally pencils and lays out everything and I am the inker and writer. The first two pieces, however are all Shawn. The guy is an amazing cartoonist and I'm honored to work with him. (yeah, I'm trying to butter him up for when he reads this). The first piece was done for a local zine, Cinema Verite.

Noah
www.untamedhighway.com
The comic that scratches the underbelly of forgotten American pop culture.

View Profile of untamedhighway Send a personal message to untamedhighway  Email untamedhighway Goto the website of untamedhighway     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
untamedhighway
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-11 03:43 am   Permalink

This piece de Shawn is straight from the pages of his personal sketchbook.

Noah
www.untamedhighway.com
The comic that scratches the underbelly of forgotten American pop culture.

View Profile of untamedhighway Send a personal message to untamedhighway  Email untamedhighway Goto the website of untamedhighway     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
untamedhighway
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-11 03:47 am   Permalink

I'm feeling a little left out now. Here is a shrunken head that I pencilled and inked. Most of the art hereafter will be collaborations, unless otherwise noted.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 04:48 am   Permalink

Definitely some nice toons. Love the tiki. It always amazes me how you can do a panel like the first one without getting Lost and all messed up. Love to see more.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 05:06 am   Permalink

cool, I love the hawaiian tiki with the trio playing...really nice

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-11 07:40 am   Permalink

these are wonderful I adore the whole 60's 70's style... I'm loosing my words today...reminds me of Krump & MAD magazine style.

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 08:06 am   Permalink

Now thats what I am talkin' about. This is the goods! I love all this stuff and the style. Thanks for postin your art Noah and helpin' out Shawn while he is unplugged. Now you got me all inspired to sit down and sketch the day away.

Cheers,
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
untamedhighway
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-11 1:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Chongolio, hope you have a good day o'sketchin away. Your stuff has served to inspire us as well! Wicked, I just checked out your website and your stuff is very cool!
We'll hopefully have some more art posted soon.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 5:31 pm   Permalink

Cool art! I love the detail in the first one. You can look at for ages and still find new stuff. Sweet. The others are really cool as well, nicley laid out and executed. Nice stuff

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 7:13 pm   Permalink

This really IS some cool stuff! You 2 guys must work well together to turn out stuff of this caliber! Keep it up, and post away!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 7:22 pm   Permalink

Love it , love it love it .... do you get what i am saying.
Cant wait to see more.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 7:27 pm   Permalink

DUDE I love the Sufferin Bastard print!! WOW!!

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 06:01 am   Permalink

I love the obsessive drive that show in your art. When i draw I usaully tend to find that I do the same. Thanks for posting I really enjoy your pics and saved a couple to my desktop.

------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation