FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 08:26 am   Permalink

I guess I should have posted this on its own instead of my carving thread. I don't know how to move any of that here so we'll just pick it up here I guess?
"
Oh Yes, I Almost Forgot?? At Hukilau we, well, Swanky announced and had a sign in sheet, a Carving Seminar to be held early next year sometime around April or May. It will include Carving instruction from myself, Basement Kahuna and Tiki Diablo, as well as lodging and meals. It will be for a few days and may include a carving log. There will be room for maybe 15 or 30 depending on the lodge availability. It is in the planning stage now but is almost a done deal If we get enough people. Not sure of the cost or the date or a few other details, but email me or Swank if interested and we will get back with you with more info.
Fun Fun Fun... "

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 11:35 am   Permalink

Looking forward to it. Whilst in the beautiful Tenessee Mountains you'll learn to carve an authentic Fijian style weapon from me to decorate your tiki bar walls the traditional way as well as some Marquesan basics and toolmaking. You'll learn how to conquer the world and alter human history with your tool roll from Sir Ben and Sir Cheek!! We'll list a basic set of tools to bring when attending later, nothing expensive, just the bare essentials. And (perhaps, if my temper tamtrum works) the trip will end in an blowout at the legendary Omni Hut? I'll bring the Anniversario

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-11 1:41 pm   Permalink

Just sent a note to you Ben.

Dudes, this thing is gonna be soooooo rad! I can't wait.

If there's anything I can do to help you guys out, let me know.

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 2:33 pm   Permalink

I already emailed the boys to get my name on the list. Who's else is gonna join this bunch of 2 legged termites?

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 4:05 pm   Permalink

Aloha ben! count me in and i can already smell the wood chips flying!!!! Basement Kahuna it was really Great meeting you at the Hukilau. Aloha ben and keep carving those incredable tikis everything you touch and create is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 4:11 pm   Permalink

Great to meet you, too, my friend.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 8:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-11 14:33, 8FT Tiki wrote:
I already emailed the boys to get my name on the list. Who's else is gonna join this bunch of 2 legged termites?

I'm on the list as well! This sounds like just the thing I need!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 9:23 pm   Permalink

This is where? Tenessee?. Down a gravel road somewhere??? Who do I email? Oh hell, just put me on the list - I'll work out the details later.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 02:39 am   Permalink

You guys better take plenty of pics for plebs like me who cant make it

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 05:31 am   Permalink

I committed at Hukilau. But I am also pledging my allegiance to the brotherhood in front of this public forum.

I will attend.

[ This Message was edited by: flacookz 2005-10-12 05:31 ]

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 10:07 am   Permalink

You can email me or Ben to get on the list. When I get a chance, I'll have the official site up at Coon-Tiki This is an awesome chance for everyone to ask all those questions of the experts you wish were by your side as you carve. You'll get to see all the little things like how they hold a chisel and just the real nuts and bolts that a carver gets from watching others at the craft. We'll all learn from each other I am sure. It'll be a great help to all of us. This community has a lot of knowledge as a whole and Ben and the guys have a lot of good technique and knowledge. We'll have a great time up there in the hills with nothing but living logs around and mountains and chisels and carvers.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 07:14 am   Permalink

I slapped together the Coon-Tiki site this morning. I tried to answer the questions I have been asked lately. There is a Coon-Tiki section on the Hukilau forums too with a poll question. If you seriously think you will attend, please vote on whether it should be on Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. You'll need to register there to vote and post if you have not.

Many thanks to Benzart for agreeing to do this. He's helped us on on TC for so long, it will be great to have him helping us in person!

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2005-10-13 07:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2006-03-06 10:11 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 11:52 am   Permalink

Swanky, will there be overnight accomodations for out-of-towners arriving the night before and/or leaving the day after?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 4:44 pm   Permalink

Yes, we'l have at least the main lodge for a week and will offer early arrival and departure. Ben has said he'd like to have down time before and after and we are making sure there is plenty. Once all the details are in place, we'll let you tell us what your plans are. We'll offer extra nights for a very small extra amount.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-26 9:42 pm   Permalink

I'm in! That sounds awesome!!Put me on the list...Sir.

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation