FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Carving Seminar Benzart, Basement Kahuna Tiki Diablo
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 11:50 pm   Permalink

Tennessee huh?

I can make that in the minivan in a day...

I'm a hack myself but have nearly 5 years of carving tips that I could offer the students...

And with the vehicle I can bring tools, a bench and possibly even prime cuts of wood...

I just want to chip wood along side the likes of Ben, Dave and Danny

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-10-26 23:52 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 12:38 am   Permalink

I'm really getting excited about this guys.This will be the carving event ov a lifetime. zjust the power and Mana flowing thru every carver there young and old will be unbelievable.
Any requests that you may have as to what i carve?let me know if you have any ideas. My first plan was just to float around the croud, offering tips and tricks and taking a few chips on everyones projects. That might not be what you would like or expect so give me some input and we'll see what can happen.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 05:37 am   Permalink

If I were to come on down Ben, I'd really want to see the power tools you use, the bits, attachments, air tanks, what-have-you. That stuff's expensive, and you don't want to get the wrong thing...and I want to see it in action, to really get the idea of where it can be applied.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 07:20 am   Permalink

BK will be driving and bringing his arsenal of tools. Danny and Ben will be more limited as to what they bring. If folks like Lake bring their stuff too, or, at least talk with BK about what he isn't bringing and we all work together on this, we can have a large variety of tools on hand. I will see if I can't supply a compressor if needed so no one will ne to bring that.

My thought is that, yes, we have 3 heavy hitters with a great track record of carving, but all of us together can learn a lot form each other.

Since it's been slow getting the pricing on the second lodge, I think we won't start registering people until early 2006. I don't want to start registration/payment during the holidays. Once pricing is set, it'll be on the website and an email will go out to everyone on our lists. We'll announce a date for payments at least 2 weeks in advance so everyone will know.

Hmmm. Should I put together my list of antique stores to stop at on the way for the best stuff? Not if BK comes through first!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 11:00 am   Permalink

Isn't this the coolest thing ever? I have some serious carving to do between now and then and this includes some MONSTERS,. I'll try not to be such a recluse and post pics now and then. I am gonna look like Hell boy by then(big arm/little arm).

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 11:21 am   Permalink

Like this...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 12:28 pm   Permalink

I am interested in attending (as a student)

Time will tell if I can swing the travel expenses and time off.

Thanks for organizing it.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-04 7:29 pm   Permalink

bump...............

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 06:38 am   Permalink

Details in January, after the holidays. I have hit a snag. The lodge next door is not for rent. None of the lodges are for rent around there. I will either have to lower the expectations some. Or I might offer the class with people staying in a hotel down the road, which is fairly cheap. Or offer it with people required to bunk up or bring bed rolls or something. Dunno.

Email me or Ben to be informed. When the new year rolls around, we'll likely ask your opinions on sleeping arrangements and offer registration soon after.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 11:26 am   Permalink

Wow this sounds like quite a experience. I gonna keep this on my radar in case I find myself in that area code during that time. I haven't been carvin' too much lately but still very interested in learnin' a few things. I did manage to debark a two 4' redwood logs over the last holiday weekend, and have them up on blocks right now curing. I am still looking for a 6" Lancelot for my recently acquired angle grinder.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-08 07:28 am   Permalink

HERE is the link to some info on the Lodge where the seminar will take place. Not the best pictures, but it gives you an idea. No pictures of the view which is awesome. There is an unfinished large room in the bottom level we will use for the classes.

Yes, it's non-smoking, but you can smoke outside of course. There is a deck that wraps around the entire lodge.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-08 09:56 am   Permalink

Swank, I Can't wait, it looks SO Fantastic.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-08 3:58 pm   Permalink

I want to come as bad as a monkey in heat....but baby #2 is due in May.
I don't even want to try and explain to my beautiful wife that I'd rather hang out with a bunch of smelly crab handed tiki carvers than at home waiting for her to pop.
It'd go over like a fart in church.
Y'all have fun. And you'd better learn to say "y'all" if'n its in Tenessee.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2005-12-08 16:00 ]

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 03:08 am   Permalink

I have not checked in for some time and just came across this post.
probably will not have the cash to make this trip, and will probably be working again by this point, but i am very interested in this seminar.
is there any plans to video the the teaching, or compile the info into a manual of sorts? even a xerox getup with some pics of process, tools and instruction would be great. this could be a way for the carvers to make a couple of bucks and to make the info available for those of us unable to attend. a class with these instructors would be a masters class in the artform. i really hope this information can become available.
if this is already in the works, or gets the wheels of thought spinning, i may be able to get a film editor friend of mine to cut the footage.
Thank you
please continue to update here with info on the class, because if the stars somehow align right i will try to make it out there

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 06:00 am   Permalink

Great Idea TTanked, does anyone have a decent video camera they could bring? I'm already trying to figure out how to pack which tools I will need. The excitemenmt Grows.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation