FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Official Tiki Central Hukilau 2005 Pics Post...Please put them here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
The Official Tiki Central Hukilau 2005 Pics Post...Please put them here
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 2:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 14:22, Juno wrote:
Some of Mr. Drasnin and the captivating Formikahini (whom I didn't get a chance to meet - damn!)

Damn damn DAMN, Juno!!
I was looking forward to meeting my fellow (few) Texas tikiphiles! Wish you hadn't made yourself so scarce (you knew where to find me, dangit!!)

'Til next Hukilau ....or any Texas event we can come up with, like the Dallas TV re-opening.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 14:22, Juno wrote:Some of Mr. Drasnin and the captivating Formikahini (whom I didn't get a chance to meet - damn!)

nice shot--I was so close the darn music stands were blocking my shots!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 6:52 pm   Permalink

Presentation is EVERYTHING..... the Mai Kai and Mai Tai ROCK!!!!

Just out taking pics....decided to stay............great idea

View Profile of Neptune Wahine Send a personal message to Neptune Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 7:07 pm   Permalink

Jimi and his ENTIRE family!!!!! We were lucky to be considered friends.....

What a life.......

Now the good tiki shots......tikis!!!!

View Profile of Neptune Wahine Send a personal message to Neptune Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 7:16 pm   Permalink

The Mystery Dance.......

Finally....I have posted some pics again. It has inspired me to post my Coco Palms pics and Kauai pics from this summer AND.....Neptune's headhunter find.....soon to come!

Love to all and thanks for the BEST weekend!!!! I cannot wait until next year!!!! Thank goodness we have the Hawaiian Inn coming up soon!!!!!

Neptune Wahine

[ This Message was edited by: Neptune Wahine 2005-10-13 19:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Neptune Wahine 2005-10-13 19:22 ]

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 9:18 pm   Permalink

Our beloved pearly Shell asked if I could post these for her...

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna 2005-10-13 21:24 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 9:22 pm   Permalink

Muchos Mohaloz, BK!!!
& Thanks to RugbyMatt for taking the pics!
Love & Aloha,
Pearly Shell

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:13 pm   Permalink

I have a few pictures from the Hukilau Home Bar Tour - oddly enough, King Kukulele does not appear in any of them!

The first stop was the home of Kern and Elka Mattei. What will I remember most from this stop? The excited kids! How many times, when you were growing up, did a big bus pull outside your home and dozens of tiki fanatics come out! This picture shows Kern and two little ones, as King Kukulele and the tiki gang sang a song of appreciation before heading back on the bus.

In the surrealism department, at Kern's home I was watching some amazing Hawaii footage of a children's fire twirling championship, and the smaller of the two boys came running into the living room wearing a SpongeBob SquarePants costume, and just as quickly turned around and ran back into the bedroom. For a while I was wondering if someone had put something in my rum drink!

The next shot is of Charles Phoenix narrating on the bus - probably presenting us with his Spam Cake recipe. or was that a Spaaaaaauuuuuuum Caaaaaaaaaaake recipe?

The next home to visit was Pia and Drew's backyard, where a wonderful luau dinner was presented. Here are pictures of the punch being prepared.

The tiki torches were lit, the Haole Kats were playing, the luau food - especially the pulled pork, was incredible

and then near the end of the Haole Kats set, the color of the sky was adapting an unusual glow ... and people started dancing to the live music.... (Pia, Drew, Crazy Al, and Shelley dancing)

And then the clouds opened wide and it started pouring. This did not stop Al and Pia from dancing, nor the caterers from cleaning up

A few minutes later we all had to walk through the rain to the bus - well, we would have walked through the rain, but the ever-smiling Pia was there with her umbrella, providing front door to bus door cover to keep us dry.

By the time we pulled up to the next home - Tiki Kiliki's Sunken Pearl, the rain had stopped falling, and we found on the front patio the Jab doing the drink serving honors

and inside, we find Tiki Kiliki doing what looks like to be a Tiki Mambo behind her tiki bar

A short drive to the final home on the home bar tour - Chip and Andy's Hale Ealoli, where I spent most of the time enjoying myself in the pool. I did take these two pictures of their home though - the first a mural in the backyard.

and some cool lights inside ....

And finally - just before they walked out the door to take the bus back to the Bahia Mar .... here are your Hukilau organizers - thank you Tiki Kiliki and Mr Tikibars James Teitelbaum. You two, along with all your other helpers and volunteers, really put on an incredible event this year.

Hukilaus 4-ever,
Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev 2005-10-13 22:20 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
codelisa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:52 pm   Permalink

Great pictures everyone and ikitnrev. I just realized your name is tikivern backwards. Sneaky....

Have a drink on me...

View Profile of codelisa Send a personal message to codelisa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:57 am   Permalink

Good to see some pics of "The Crazed Mugs". Their CD is out and available and I hoped they would be performing "Hukilau Hurricane" on the Mai Kai stage for all us who were there last year. I heard the CD and was really shocked. It's a must!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 07:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-12 11:31, Juno wrote:
Those Creepy Tiki guys were creeping around with a camcorder on Fri. night. They came up behind my father without him knowing and stuck the camcorder right in his face. He didn't who they were or what to say he he said something like "I swear, she told me she was 18" and both guys fell over laughing. I'd love to get a copy af that!

Hey Juno, my wife and I were sitting next to your Dad Friday night and I remember this vividly...I also remember a mouthful of Zombie almost shooting out of my nose because of it! Funny stuff for sure, he was a riot.

Look forward to seeing you again!
- Jason

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 08:01 am   Permalink

Quote:
Hey Juno, my wife and I were sitting next to your Dad Friday night and I remember this vividly...I also remember a mouthful of Zombie almost shooting out of my nose because of it! Funny stuff for sure, he was a riot.

I remember you guys...too funny! My Dad and Sandy had a blast and will definitely be back next year. See you then!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 08:25 am   Permalink

Wow, ikitnrev, your foto essay of the Home Bar Tour was amazing!! I will be copying every shot into my laptop foto album of the trip - thanks for having been so diligent to shoot the good stuff.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 3:49 pm   Permalink

"Mmmm...man...this south sea island atmosphere is just soooo relaxing...I could just..mmmm...Naw, I shouldn't...But, you know, who's gonna notice...Here goes...Naw, wait-...oops, he, he...too late....Ahhhhhhhh....."

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 6:48 pm   Permalink

Who was that guy? He had an untouched mai tai under his chair that I almost stole. Now that I see he pissed himself I'm glad I didn't.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation