FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Chiseled Hand (Graphic) 1 Week Later 10/20
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Chiseled Hand (Graphic) 1 Week Later 10/20
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 6:45 pm   Permalink

This afternoon I was starting a new project and around 20 minutes into it I was thinking these chisels seem a little dull. Right around that time the chisel slip off the wood and found the inside of my palm. Now I never carved palm before and I'm looking forward to getting at some.
But not my own Palm!!
Pictures below are of my newly started Tiki and my first palm carving.

I'm making light of this but at the hospital they said I may have tendon damage. I'll find out in a few days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (on the right hand).

I guess it's true dull chisels bite.
Wes

[ This Message was edited by: Moondance 2005-10-19 21:36 ]

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 7:48 pm   Permalink

Ouch! Hope that mends up okay.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-12 8:06 pm   Permalink

(prays to the tiki gods)

Healing mana your way Moondance. I hope you get carving again soon but not too soon.

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 8:25 pm   Permalink

I hereby bestow upon you the PURPLE TIKI for wounds recieved in the line of duty. I have three of them....

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 10:42 pm   Permalink

Thank you Hewey, Manakoa & BK for your concern.
I'm starting to really worry now as my middle and ring finger are numb. My fingers felt like they were broken right after it happened but now the numbness.
Please count me in on the carving lessions in the Spring. I believe my so called technic would be classified under (Not The Right Way).
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 11:18 pm   Permalink

Yikes!!! In the meantime,tell everyone that it's one of those stigmata things. Pilgrims will trek many miles to see the miracle and leave you gold.
Worked for me!

Get well soon

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 05:30 am   Permalink

I could swear I posted to this thread already..
Man that is some tiki bite, he must have been hungry.. I remember asking you if you had cut any tendons and the answer was no. We All know we have to be careful and Still these things happen to us all. it won't be the last, but most will not be as bad,

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 05:51 am   Permalink

Heal quickly, my friend!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:16 am   Permalink

Well, no one can say that you're not an eager carver. IT always sucks to have the chisel bounce of the wood and hit something a wee bit more soft.

Heal quickly, my friend

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:50 am   Permalink

Ouch !! , like the others I wish you a quick recovery.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:22 am   Permalink

OW! oh I hope everything works out well! I'll keep a good thought for you too.
(I won't let my hubby play with power tools anymore becuase he keeps doing this kind of thing to himself.)

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
curb creature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:37 am   Permalink

hope you feel better soon..i had my first chainsaw"incident" last week...right across my foot...YEOOUUCH!!!

View Profile of curb creature Send a personal message to curb creature  Email curb creature Goto the website of curb creature     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:42 am   Permalink

Thank you all for the support. I've have a DR appointment tomorrow and I'll see what up with the numbness.
I said to Annie at the hospital last night maybe this means I should do more chainsaw work. She smiled and now today I can't find my chainsaw!?
Wes

capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:56 am   Permalink

Another wounded tiki warrior!I am happy to see all digits attached.Wishing you a speedy recovery.Capo

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 12:00 pm   Permalink

ooh...Hope you will be better soon my friend. take care of you

[ This Message was edited by: turbosickboy 2005-10-13 12:00 ]

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation