FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Chiseled Hand (Graphic) 1 Week Later 10/20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Chiseled Hand (Graphic) 1 Week Later 10/20
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 1:30 pm   Permalink

Many years ago I poked a 1/4" skew chisel thru my left fore finger and it went numb. Went to the doc and was referred to a neuro surgei=on. He took a piece of nerve from my forearm and grafted it into the finger. It took about 3 to 4 years for the numbness to go away. Strange that was the amount of time I was Originally told that it would heal and regain feeling on its own...Someone explain that?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 4:21 pm   Permalink

Moon,

That sucks. Please get some heavy leather gloves...and use them. Let us know how the rehab goes. Maybe you should switch over to a chainsaw....those chisels are too dang dangerous!!!!! I'll give you lessons

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 5:13 pm   Permalink

"I said to Annie at the hospital last night maybe this means I should do more chainsaw work. She smiled and now today I can't find my chainsaw!?"

I think your right G, chainsaws aren't as dangerous. She said maybe I should switch to painting still life. It would safer. Safer yes but not as much fun.
Thanks for all of your concern.
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artonsafari
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 5:25 pm   Permalink

Ouch!
Heal up fast, I love your work, looking forward to seeing more.

View Profile of artonsafari Send a personal message to artonsafari  Email artonsafari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 6:03 pm   Permalink

Moon,

If I give you chainsaw lessons, I want a medivac helicopter standing by for you....

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 8:58 pm   Permalink

This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "HAND CARVED"

I guess if you can't do much carving until you heal, you can get all the tools sharpened and then plan a few more carvings to start when you are all back to "normal".
Heal soon. Hope this won't keep you from attending Camp Whittle-tiki next year.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:18 pm   Permalink

I am having awful flashbacks to my impaled finger accident! I don't suppose a fez-wearing monkey bandaid will help that wound either. I so hope you heal quickly and no major damage has been done!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 6:07 pm   Permalink

Moon,

How did the follow up visit go? What did the doc say?

-G

Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 7:56 pm   Permalink

They bumped it back to Tuesday @ 8:00 am. The pain has decreased and the numbness has also. So I very optimistic but it's driving me crazy not being able to use it as I want. Patience is not a strong point of mine and the Tikis floating around in my head need out.
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 9:43 pm   Permalink

My hand feels much better and it's only been a week since my slip of the chisel. 90% of the feeling in my fingers has return. Man am I happy the feeling is returning.
Thanks to all who have expressed their concern. I was quite concerned about any permanent damage.

Carving will commence very soon.
Wes

><><<>><><

[ This Message was edited by: Moondance 2005-10-19 21:59 ]

wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-20 07:41 am   Permalink

OH so glad it's feeling better nerve dmamge is susch a scare!
GET PROPER GLOVES! isn't there a glove that basically just covers the palm of the hand?
keep healing Moon!

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 4:43 pm   Permalink

Moon,

Good deal! Glad things are looking up. Now wear some leather, sharpen those chisels, and get carving!!!

-G

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 9:25 pm   Permalink

OOOOHHH man! That graphic makes me cringe!! Hope it heals up quick!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 09:30 am   Permalink

I have off today and decided it was long enough for the healing process. Well after about 20 minutes of carving the F'in fingers were numb again. So Annie has informed me that my hand is tell me NOT YET!
Is what they mean when they say talk to the hand???
Frustrated,
Wesley

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 4:56 pm   Permalink

Wes,

Take the weekend off, I'll move enough wood for both of us.

-Gman

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation