FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-30 2:04 pm   Permalink

Things weren't looking good for me. I never bought a ticket, wasn't checking the Hukilau site... I bought a plane ticket a few weeks ago (in early Sat am, out early Sun am... I'll be the guy who looks very confused!). Found out it's totally sold-out (um... duh!). Yesterday, a store owner who sells Tiki Farm in Sarasota called & asked me if I knew anybody who needed an extra ticket?!? YES, ME!!! See you there!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
goddess-sun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-02 08:06 am   Permalink

Bags are packed and ready to go. Just a few more days.
LETS GO APE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait. YAY!!!!!
Mai Kai - 50th year.

OKONKULUKU....Not sure if I remember the hand shake from last year. Might need a refresher course.

View Profile of goddess-sun Send a personal message to goddess-sun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-02 09:00 am   Permalink

Aloha Friends!

Rooms booked, car rented and Flight Confirmed!

See y'all soon...Look out for the Drunk sailors stumbling around the general vacinity and please direct them to the closest bar.

Mahalo Nui Loa!

Moi-

View Profile of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Send a personal message to Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave  Email Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Goto the website of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 09:10 am   Permalink

Make sure you have a nice sign pinned to you, saying which bar to return you to, in case you're passed out....

~T

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 9:18 pm   Permalink

I postponed a knee operation to attend.......so i'll be one of those fine folk leaning on a shoulder for support pretending to be drunk !!....just hope I don't start singing !

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Cat 2006-10-03 05:41 ]

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 12:18 am   Permalink

Basement Kahuna-over and out; Hukilau or Bust! Have a safe trip, friends. See you there!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 1:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha Guys,

I am all fired up. I just spontaneously booked a flight to Florida. Can't miss the Hukilau. Can't miss Maikai's 50ths. I look forward to do a few more interviews for my DVD that I found were missing during editing. Yes - The sad news: The DVD is not ready yet. And I hope that the Ohana will not eat me for dinner cooking me in a big stewing pot and forgive me for taking so long. It is more work and more complicated than I expected. Financing, dealing with legal issues like rights etc. …dealing with life. First I got a baby and now my editor got one. Haha. But it will be finished…

But this time I am aiming for 20% filming and 80% partying. It's just in your interest. More filming means more editing. Endless editing.

Look forward to see you guys.

www.armchair-travelling.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 3:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-03 13:59, Mogambo wrote:

But this time I am aiming for 20% filming and 80% partying. It's just in your interest. More filming means more editing. Endless editing.

Wish I could say the same, in my case it'll prolly be 80% filming and 20% partying. I'll see you Wednesday at the Mai-Kai... I'll be the other one with a camera stuck to my face!

Aloha!

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 4:05 pm   Permalink

I'm just goin for stills so minimal shooting on my part - you guys can go for it video wise.

At least there will be a full moon!
c u there friday

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 4:19 pm   Permalink

otikiniko, if you feel like your 20% partying is too half-assed. I am ready to take over and share it for my half-assed 20% of filming. So each of us can do something a 100%.

Does anyone know if Charlie Bodden is coming to the Hukilau? I only have an old email adress and cannot reach him.

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 7:21 pm   Permalink

Gotta get to sleep...

Pulling out of here at 3 am for the drive to Fort Lauderdale... overnight in Atlanta... Thursday evening... Poolside at the Cabana!

Safe travels everyone... see you on Thursday!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 9:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-03 16:19, Mogambo wrote:
otikiniko, if you feel like your 20% partying is too half-assed. I am ready to take over and share it for my half-assed 20% of filming. So each of us can do something a 100%.

I may seriously take you up on this... we can discuss details in the Molokai tomorrow, er later tonight! (it's after midnight)

Quote:

On 2006-10-03 16:05, sneakyjack wrote:
I'm just goin for stills so minimal shooting on my part - you guys can go for it video wise.

You say that now... but we'll see if we can't get ya all "camera'd up" after a few Mai Tais!

I got great news from Kiliki earlier (I'll let her fully divulge) but something very special will be showing in the Wreck bar... I can't wait!

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-04 1:29 pm   Permalink

the weather's been great! warm, fairly dry, and breezy. perfect beach weather!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 1:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-04 13:29, thejab wrote:
the weather's been great! warm, fairly dry, and breezy. perfect beach weather!

That swimsuit looks good on you, El Jabbo!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MobileTikiBar
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-04 9:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-03 21:16, otikiniko wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-03 16:19, Mogambo wrote:

I may seriously take you up on this... we can discuss details in the Molokai tomorrow, er later tonight! (it's after midnight)

Quote:

On 2006-10-03 16:05, sneakyjack wrote:

You say that now... but we'll see if we can't get ya all "camera'd up" after a few Mai Tais!

I got great news from Kiliki earlier (I'll let her fully divulge) but something very special will be showing in the Wreck bar... I can't wait!

I'll probably be shooting stills when I'm not consumed with consuming, and would be happy to help capture the event. We should be arriving around 6:30pm Thursday, checking in, and heading to the bar.

-adrian (and Jen, Andy, and Laura)

View Profile of MobileTikiBar Send a personal message to MobileTikiBar  Goto the website of MobileTikiBar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation