FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:23 am   Permalink

I was too late to convince the wife we could afford it this year (financially of course, she was right), but after reading all about it here, and seeing what fun it is, we are there next year! And after this thread, and knowing what company we'll be in, I've never wanted a year to go by quicker than I do right now!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:39 am   Permalink

ZAZZ!!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Rick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:47 am   Permalink

Death will be my only excuse for not attending! My wife and I are already talking it up with friends. We hope to have a whole group of us down next year. I'm definitely taking more money and my spare liver next year!

All Hail Floyd!! (Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

View Profile of Trader Rick Send a personal message to Trader Rick  Email Trader Rick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:47 am   Permalink

You can definately expect me to be lurking around somewhere with the video camera... and believe me, it will be INCREDIBLE!

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:54 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2012-05-01 20:35 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:55 am   Permalink

south sea scotty and i will be there! it's going to be our hukihoneymoon!

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:04 am   Permalink

Mai Kai's 50th is an event not to be missed, and I will definitely be there to enjoy it.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:08 am   Permalink

There's no way I'm going to miss this one! The Mai Kai's 50th in itself is a landmark not to mention the ultimate Tiki event "East of the Rockies"! I'm very glad to hear that you're going to make it Sven - I'm going to buy you your first Mai Tai! Thanks to the organizers for all of their hard work and continuing on this awesome tradition and thanks to the great folks at the Mai Kai for putting up with all of the usual Tiki shinannigans!
Mahaloz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:10 am   Permalink

WWJD? Be at the Hukilau for the Mai-Kai's 50th. anniversary!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:11 am   Permalink

Remember, the new website for The Hukilau 2006 is
http://www.thehukilau.net/ and the date is October 5-8 , 2006!!! Zazz-a-licious!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:23 am   Permalink

Oh, I don't know.

I mean, this year was *ok* and all, I guess.

The special guests were pretty run of the mill. *Yawn*. The world's greatest exotica singer of all time, one of the most famous pin-up photographers ever, perhaps the greatest exotica orchestrator alive today....and I got to sing with him at an historical concert. Ho hum.

And I guess next year will be sort of fun, maybe....

So yeah, I guess I'll be there. Maybe I'll enjoy myself a bit this next time.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:25 am   Permalink

2006 WILL also be Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlour's 50th anniversary in South Ft. Lauderdale/Dania Beach. (five minutes away from the airport).

http://www.jaxsonsicecream.com/home.html

The Jab pointed this out to me!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:45 am   Permalink

The von Stroheim gang will be making it in 2006!

Otto, Baby Doe, Vander and Baby 'X' (he will almost be 1 at that time!) will be there fer sure!

I know it is going to be LEGENDARY!! Thanks Mai Kai and Tiki Kaliki for making this event happen.

XOXO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-13 10:23, Formikahini wrote:
....and I got to sing with him at an historical concert.

hey formikahini, you're "curvy"

http://www.newtimesbpb.com/Issues/2005-10-13/music/music.html

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kungfugimp
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:38 am   Permalink

We're definitely going (hey, we're local! We'd be crazy not to)

And the Jacksons! Kewl beans - must go back there and visit them next year. Oh yeah, and get the kitchen sink!

View Profile of kungfugimp Send a personal message to kungfugimp  Email kungfugimp Goto the website of kungfugimp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation