FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Who will go to Hukilau 2006? I will!
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 1:37 pm   Permalink

October 5-8, 2006

http://www.thehukilau.com/

Register to get on the mailing list.

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 1:45 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone, we are so close to announcing. The site will be up very very soon and you can always register as Mean Gene has suggested. We're almost ready so stay tuned.............

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 2:10 pm   Permalink

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww!!!!!!!

"Oh were going, to the Hukilau, the huki huki huki huki hukilau"

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-24 9:44 pm   Permalink

Well, I missed both Oasis 2006 and Hukilau 2005 after never missing either of them - EVER!

Unless something really weird comes up, I will be at Hukilau this year!

Reserved a Clipper pad months ago but held off on the announcement until I was sure.

Can't wait to see everybody after a long absence.

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 10:26 am   Permalink

Hey tikibob,
King Kukulele and I were just speaking about you a couple of days ago on our way to the Mai Kai.
We were wondering if all was well.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 11:56 am   Permalink

Tiki Bob, you were the first Tiki Central person I think I ever met. When I walked into the lounge on Friday at the first Hukilau, you were there with Sven. I was crazy busy and blown away by what Wayne Coombs had done to the place. I didn't really know who you were then, but I remember meeting you and no one else but Sven that night... And then I remember you finsihing the Tiki Room song with King Kukulele at Trader Vic's the next night.

Looking forward to seeing you again in sunny FLA!

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 12:07 pm   Permalink

All right!!! Tiki Bob is back!!! Can't wait to hang with you Bob.

It's been too long!!

We won't talk about the last time we were all in Florida!! shhhhhhh!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 7:00 pm   Permalink

I admit it was looking like I wasn't going to make it, but I'm definately in. Whew!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-25 9:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-24 21:44, tikibob wrote:

Unless something really weird comes up, I will be at Hukilau this year!

TB

Like...someone pokes their eye out with a plastic lobster???

Arrrr!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 05:16 am   Permalink

I'll be there! My first Hukilau, I can't wait!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-28 12:41 pm   Permalink

Swanky, I remember us meeting that night at the first Hukilau like it was yesterday. I like the way The Hukilau has grown but the intimacy of that first one was great. I recently emailed Christie and Otto with similar comments.

I also remember Sven, King and I hanging out most of the weekend. Watching the two of them brutally pick at each other was an entertainment event in itself. And it kept them busy so they didn’t pick on me!

Do you remember that there were about 12 or so of us that had dinner at Trader Vic's that second night before all the festivities started? What a connection I felt.

Pablus, I don’t think I have seen you since Brad opened his place in Augusta. Or maybe it was Hukilau 2004. I will look forward to seeing you. King and I first met either at the closing of the Kahiki in Columbus, Ohio (which is were Jeff and I first met – if I remember correctly).

And Jeff, what can I say, can’t wait to see your lecture on Exotica music. I will be the one in the back asking inane questions like, “What color shirt did Arthur Lyman wear when he recorded Yellow Bird?” or “What kind of car did Martin Denny drive when he played the San Diego Auditorium?” So get ready!

I am going to be coming in on Wednesday and staying until Monday. I am certainly up for any get togethers (translation: Day trip shenanigans) while there so anyone can give me a call. My cell is 843.514.5565 so lock and load.

Ben, looking forward to seeing you and I am going to have to locate ome lobsters for the trip! After all, it is my musical specialty.

And a shout out to Crazy Al ! ! ! Where is that picture of the Hulilau II Piggy back ride?

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-29 10:07 am   Permalink

I will be bringing my collection of vintage island slides to show over the weekend. Probably show them late at night in whatever room everyone is hanging out in. Just look for Pablus. We'll hang a sheet if we can't find a white wall to show them on.

Tiki Bob, I have a side trip in mind, but it would be better suited to taking from Daytona if you should come down for the Hawaiian Inn this year. And if I can make it myself!

So, I will have a Kodak slide projector with me if anyone else has slides they would like to share. You bring your trays and I'll lug the projector.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 11:28 am   Permalink

Already STUPID giddy with excitement here! Found a cheap plane ticket, got my Big Kahunette Pass, Mai Kai 1st dinner reservation, rooming with a darling friend of Heelgrinder, and staying at the Cabana Thursday thru Monday. Planning a Monday day at the beach, the way Mean Gene, Pearly Shells and I did last year. (Anybody, join me for that!) 8:00 PM flight out. I mean, baby, I am planning on milking Hukilau fun *DRY*. And this year, I don't have to be all nervous about/non-drinking for the Drasnin thing! Now all I gotta do is diet my fat ass back into the dresses I was planning on wearing, dammit....

Tikibob, it has been WAY too long since you and I have made the same event!
For that matter, it's been too long since seeing ANY of you!!

hasta pronto!
Formikahini

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 2:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-29 10:07, Swanky wrote:
I will be bringing my collection of vintage island slides to show over the weekend. Probably show them late at night in whatever room everyone is hanging out in. Just look for Pablus. We'll hang a sheet if we can't find a white wall to show them on.

Tiki Bob, I have a side trip in mind, but it would be better suited to taking from Daytona if you should come down for the Hawaiian Inn this year. And if I can make it myself!

So, I will have a Kodak slide projector with me if anyone else has slides they would like to share. You bring your trays and I'll lug the projector.

I have an entire tray of Korla Pandit slides from his estate!!!!!!!!!

These have never been seen by anyone outside his immediate family I presume. This could be fun to watch eh?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-30 3:06 pm   Permalink

Here's my little road trip plan. I'm flying into Tampa Bay on September 30th to visit Pablus and the holy grail of steakhouses, Bern's of Tampa.

On Monday and Tuesday I'm driving the Tamiami Trail (U.S. 41) through Ft. Myers, Naples, and the Everglades to Miami. On Tuesday and Wednesday I'm staying with Unga Bunga in Miami Beach, to do a little research on the local bikini fashions for a article I'm writing for Modern Cad magazine (in case someone decides to publish such a magazine). On Thursday we're going to Fort Lauderdale for Hukilau! I'm staying at the Cabana.

Aloha, and see you in F-L-A!

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/bs_frame.htm

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation