FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events WAITIKI performing in NYC (Winter, 2005) - would you come?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
WAITIKI performing in NYC (Winter, 2005) - would you come?
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:10 am   Permalink

Aloha wackos and wackettes

Just wondering what the crowd is in the NYC/tri-state area and whether WAITIKI would have a turnout at a place such as Otto's if we did a gig there this winter.

The club (Ottos) doesn't seem interested in having us as "we don't really have a tiki following on the weekends that would probably be into your music" and they don't think it would be a successful night. The booking agent did give us a nice props and apparently is connected to folks from TC and heard about the Hukilau.

Anyhow, it would be interesting to disprove him and find out perhaps there are folks interested in classic and new exotica from Boston's only Exotic Tiki Entertainment act!

okonkuluku!

Mr. Ho
www.waitiki.com

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:32 am   Permalink

I'll be in Da City the week before Christmas... that's the plan.
Dec. 20-24.

Is this around the time you're thinking about?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 12:18 pm   Permalink

I'd be in - but its hard to say without a date.
I htink you spoke to Steve at Ottos - hes a good guy - we put up some Hukilau posters in Ottos. Weekends are tough bookins in NYC - maybe consider a weekday??? - Not sure if thats possible.

I can help promote if needed - no fee- just PM me.

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 12:24 pm   Permalink

wow! Well, as you know, Steve and I live down here in Ft. Liquordale Florida, but we are HUGE fans of the band! Maybe we would fly up for a show? Depends on the dates... Keep in touch with us about it honey!

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 1:03 pm   Permalink

the folks at otto's do a fine job & are certainly into "Exotic Tiki Entertainment" - they have the Fisherman there every monday - & it's been like that for at least a couple of years.

however, i've been there on the weekends & they really don't have a tiki following that would be into your music. the weekend crowd (when i've been there) is much more interested in LOUD punk rock. it would probably be a very frustrating experience for your band.

otto's is a very tiki place, but it's more punk than anything (it's in the old max's kansas city).

you might want to contact waikiki wally's. but, the weekend would probably not be an option there either.

would you consider playing at my house?
back at the end of august the fisherman played here & we had a blast!

here's the thread (w/ pics) about the party:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15778&forum=4

i certainly wouldn't mind hosting another event. email or PM me if you want to try to plan something.

best of luck,
chris

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris 2005-10-13 14:50 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 1:05 pm   Permalink

I don't think that I'll be traveling then due to my heavy basketball schedule this season, but I'll travel if I can. I will however promise to send all of my friends who live in the area to see you!!

Speaking of performances... you guys might want to shoot me a PM or an e-mail..... I do have a LOT of good footage from your fantastic set at the Mai Kai.

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Papale'ole

Posted: 2005-10-13 4:09 pm   Permalink

You chaps seem more skronk-jazz venue than punk-rock venue. Nu?

View Profile of Papale'ole Send a personal message to Papale'ole  Goto the website of Papale'ole     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:14 pm   Permalink

i thought my good friend the Fisherman was the all time new vibes guy...... now there's this guy in WaiTiki hot on his tail.......

good times a head!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 12:10 am   Permalink

i'll go, mistah ho... am i invited? (hahahah)

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 05:57 am   Permalink

I thought Otto's was the old Barmacy, not Max's, but what do I know.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:23 am   Permalink

who in NY books all the Burlesque shows/tours with the Fisherman?... there should be Exotica Tours!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2005-10-14 10:23 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:31 am   Permalink

i thought it was Barmacy too - since it was once a drug store indicated by the RX medicine logo on the floor when you walk in the front door.
????

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 11:03 am   Permalink

Hey All!
steve from Otto's here!
Anyone that's been to Otto's has seen that it's not particularly filled with Tiki-philes. We therefore straddle the line when it comes to music and entertainment. We have Surf, Garage, Rockabilly/Psychobilly and Punk nights. We even have traditional Greek music once a month! And of course we've had Fisherman every Monday for over 2 years. I've got a slot open Sat. Nov 5th 8-10 that I'm offering to Waitiki. Tiki Centralites show me that I'm wrong for not having faith in the Tiki Gods!
I'm going to sacrafice a pig in the backyard now.

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Rick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-14 12:46 pm   Permalink

Lee and I will be in The Area Dec 23-26 fo' Christmas. Will you be performing then?

All Hail Floyd!! (Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

View Profile of Trader Rick Send a personal message to Trader Rick  Email Trader Rick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 4:03 pm   Permalink

If there were the slightest possible chance I could make it there, I would go!!!

Er, does that insignificant Calitikifornia vote of confidence help?!?

FOLKS, THESE GUYS ARE GRRRREAT!!! Don't miss them, seriously. They ROCKED Hukilau. I so wish we had the time/money/etc.etc. to make this show!

Come out to CA soon, Waitiki!

xox tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation