FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events WAITIKI performing in NYC (Winter, 2005) - would you come?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
WAITIKI performing in NYC (Winter, 2005) - would you come?
greenfire

Posted: 2005-10-17 7:08 pm   Permalink

Yes!!! New Jersey will be in the Otto's house to see Waitiki!!! (Important note: Otto's Mai Tai's are not--they're more like My Tie's). Otto's is a small venue/stage--more like playing in someone's kitchen, but it does have a cool vibe, and if it brings ya out to NYC, DO IT!!!

View Profile of greenfire Send a personal message to greenfire      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kauno
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-17 7:34 pm   Permalink

Waitiki at Otto's?! Sounds like it'll be a great show! I'm gonna try to make it to this. Yes, Otto's has got that real vibe going on and killer drinks to boot. Tiki with that ole NYC charm!

www.tikicargo.com

View Profile of kauno Send a personal message to kauno  Goto the website of kauno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-17 11:54 pm   Permalink

if you missed this from the hukilau post

the watermelon must come to Otto's!!

watch out Fisherman!!

flute guy on bongos nice!

the room with feel like this with out mai-tais!

everyone must go from every island and swamp from near and far!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tripower
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-18 09:53 am   Permalink

Waitiki in NYC would be great!

Otto's is a great place (despite serving the worst Mai Tai ever, and it's served to you in a rented (???) tiki mug). I was there a few Saturdays ago, great crowd listening to Rockabilly. How could they (or anyone) not dig Waitiki?

View Profile of tripower Send a personal message to tripower      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 06:27 am   Permalink

Hmm, a most encouraging bunch of responses! I don't know about the My Ties; is there a cooler clause in the contract somewhere? Can we contract our own Mixmaster? You know, the Professah can't be "on" without a good half-dozen Shrunken Shizzles or so.

Do we have quorum here?

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
russell s. monkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-24 7:20 pm   Permalink

I will be in New York over Thanksgiving...

Mr. Ho, do you need any monkeys to stop in and jamm on the vibes???

View Profile of russell s. monkey Send a personal message to russell s. monkey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
edurban
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-24 9:41 pm   Permalink

David here, from the Upper West Side/NYC. We'll be at Otto's come heck or high water. Sounds like fun!

View Profile of edurban Send a personal message to edurban  Email edurban     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 12:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha

Just wanted to clarify - WAITIKI is NOT performing this weekend in NYC anywhere. I've gotten several emails asking which is great! This was just an exploratory thing to judget interest in the tristate area. However, Steve and the Fisherman from Otto's have been in contact and at some point, WAITIKI will probably get down there. It's been very hectic getting stuff in order for Mexico next year.

get on the mailing list at
http://www.waitiki.com/mailinglist.cfm and note that all of our shows are always posted on our website (if it isn' t there, it isn't happening)...

mahalo!
Ho

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation