Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Uke christmas tunes
Uke christmas tunes
tikimitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-14 05:15 am   Permalink

I'm looking for some Uke chord progressions for the Christmas standards. Just some nice stuff to play in the home bar as I gaze at the aluminum tree with a hot buttered rum nearby. Any help would be most appreciated!

View Profile of tikimitch Send a personal message to tikimitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:21 am   Permalink

Thats a good idea! Especially the aluminum tree. My grandparents had one and I loved it. I think they may still have it in their attic. There was a thread here somewhere with Uke chords, no christmas tunes though.

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:53 am   Permalink

I did a little research and came up with these links:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/a/product.html?command=search&db=/store/db/inventory.db&eqskudata=HL.699124&searchtitle=sheet%20music&id=69435

http://www.encoremusic.com/guitar/p_43_cat_CAT339_hdr_CAT337_sort_cattitle_pg_1.html

Hope these work for you!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uke jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-14 11:16 pm   Permalink

post your request on www.fleamarketmusic.com bulletin board. dominator has a bunch of uke tab and chord charts for xmas tunes. i can't remember the site but he'll link you there.

View Profile of uke jackson Send a personal message to uke jackson  Goto the website of uke jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-17 07:24 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info everyone. I found the Dominator site. Good Stuff.

Any reviews of the Jumpin Jim book?

Tikimitch

View Profile of tikimitch Send a personal message to tikimitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koka Nut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-17 07:46 am   Permalink

I cannot vouch for these as far as being correct, but they're free:

http://www.alligatorboogaloo.com/uke/xmas/xmasindex.html

Hope this helps.

View Profile of Koka Nut Send a personal message to Koka Nut  Goto the website of Koka Nut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uke jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-17 08:46 am   Permalink

the jumpin' jim book is good. jim always does some nice arrangements. he finds a surprising passing chord that's just right sometimes. if you want the chord diagrams above the lyric, and something that's on paper, jim's book is fine.

however's there's no Festivus tune.

View Profile of uke jackson Send a personal message to uke jackson  Goto the website of uke jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-12 08:45 am   Permalink

Time to grab the Rum and eggnog and drag out the Uke for some more Holiday tunes! The link to Ukulele Boogaloo's Holiday Songs posted by Koka Nut is a great one (thanks KN!). Here is another link for a pdf download of more current tunes.

http://www.ukeland.com/pages/media/music/Ukulele%20Christmas%20Song%20Book.pdf

Happy Holiday / Mele Kalikimaka!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation