FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-12 08:59 am   Permalink

Weird Unc and entourage will see the Monday Night Mitees on the 16th! We'll be taking the late shift.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-01-13 1:46 pm   Permalink

Well, folks, it's time to be a-movin' on. Monday the 16th is my last night at Trader Vic's.

Had a great time with Vic's and it was made all the more special by seeiing everyone on Mondays and beyond. Thanks to everyone who made the trek from near and far to pay a visit.

Vic's will still be going strong into 2006 and beyond so keep heading over there for the good food, killer happy hour, and of course, Lars.

Before anyone asks, I've got a couple of offers from my old industry that I'm mulling over, so we'll see what happens.

So plan on a blowout night!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 1:53 pm   Permalink

This news really sucks! Though you know we wish you only the best.
I may just have to call in sick to be there.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 2:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-13 13:46, martiki wrote:

Before anyone asks, I've got a couple of offers from my old industry that I'm mulling over...

See Martin? I told you that the transvestite lingerie modeling industry couldn't stay in a slump forever!

Seriously, that's a bummer - moreso for the Monday regulars than us lazy parents who can't make it out there on weeknights. We may try for this Monday, though. Hope it all works out for you.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 2:27 pm   Permalink

Ah. I figured something was up when this Monday past Lars (I think it was Lars) said to me "enjoy it while you can."

I'm sure you're leaving for intriguing and attractive reasons, Martiki, and that's all the more excuse to make this last Martiki Monday a real blowout evening for all.

Here's to the future, from your #1 Painkiller Fan,

XOX tikivixen

p.s. Midnite, you gotta make it now!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-13 2:48 pm   Permalink

It was fun while it lasted.

Monday is a holiday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), so you get the night off, right Unga?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 6:45 pm   Permalink

So sorry to hear that you won't be behind the bar at Vic's, but I'm sure you have better things opening up for you.

I certainly hope they keep serving my new favorite drink "Martin's Mistake" though! Unless, of course, you take that recipe with you to the grave.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 7:39 pm   Permalink

As long as the Novato Grotto will still allow me to darken it's doorstep, I'll never be more than 28 miles from the best Painkiller ever... Vic's loss is the container shipping industries gain!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 7:55 pm   Permalink

p.s. Midnite, you gotta make it now!

Where? ..... When? ..... There was one?

Ever get the feeling there's something going on you know nothing about? That's how I feel. Oh, and you know when you lean back on a chair, and you just about tip over, but don't? That's how I feel all the time.

I like pie. My cat's name is mittens.

midnite wiggums

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 10:39 pm   Permalink

Wow! I feel very fortunate to have timed my trip so that I wouldn't miss you Martiki! Thanks so much for the amazing Sidewinder's Fang - it was truly a delish treat.

Wherever you go, there you are - so make it the best of all possible experiences!

It was a huge pleasure to meet all y'all last Monday - wish I had had more energy and less fatique so I could have stayed longer - but this cross-country travel and jet lag are just harder to recuperate from than they used to be...sigh...it sucks to get old(er).

Thanks for the lovely hospitality - I feel so much more a part of the TC Ohana now!

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-01-16 1:27 pm   Permalink

i am thisty!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2006-01-16 3:14 pm   Permalink

Count in one Gorilla* and an Apple Venus.

-mig
*his human counterpart, actually

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-16 3:51 pm   Permalink

How late are folks usually around on a Monday, say like tonight f'rinstance?

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-01-16 3:58 pm   Permalink

Uusally we stay until 10pm, on average, but tonight is special and Judd is planning on arriving around 9pm, so this night I think it will be later.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-01-16 4:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-16 15:51, aquarj wrote:
How late are folks usually around on a Monday, say like tonight f'rinstance?

-Randy

Until Martiki throws us out!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation