FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 11:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-17 23:08, cynfulcynner wrote:
If you can't make it to the celebrations, be sure to check out the restored quake refugee shack on display nearby.

Does it have a bar?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-18 10:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-17 23:08, cynfulcynner wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-17 15:45, mrsmiley wrote:
I am tired and I am waking up Tuesday to be at the 5am 100th anniversary of the 1906 quake at Lotta's Fountain on Market St near downtown, but I AM GOING tonight!!

If you can't make it to the celebrations, be sure to check out the restored quake refugee shack on display nearby. This structure was located a couple of blocks from my apartment for most of the last century. More info at http://www.outsidelands.org/shacks.php

As part of a push for more affordable housing, SF is building those shacks again. You can't lease them for $3,100 a month plus utilitites, or buy one for only $589,000. People are snapping up those bargains!!

Sorry to derail the TV thread, but the event was great. It is always very touching; I found my eyes watering often. The survivors stories are the best reason to go there. Next year folks-if they can wake up that early, so can you all!

back to Vics, it was nice to see our Australian friends there, spreading Australian humor and talking about his Tikibeat carvings. ZAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 2:14 pm   Permalink

Yvette (Mrs. Tiki Beat), Marcus (tiki beat by marcus thorn), me, Hanford & Mr. Smiley

We had the BEST time last night, chatting with our Australian visitors! I had no idea that Tiki Beat's Marcus Thorn was going to be in town, and it was the most welcome surprise. I really adore Marcus, he and his wife were such a treat to get to know. It's so fun to meet someone from the other side of the planet, and have so much in common to talk about. They'll be at the Forbidden Island pre-opening Tiki Central party on Thursday -- make sure you get a chance to talk to them.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-18 2:19 pm   Permalink

What's up with the levis in Trader Vic's?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-04-18 2:41 pm   Permalink

LEVIS!?!? Must have been ROCKABILLY night at Vics!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-04-24 3:43 pm   Permalink

I am.....oh what is that word I'm searching for?...parched? ... dry?....Oh YEAh!!! I am thirsty!!!!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 4:57 pm   Permalink

We'll be there, too. Don't know exactly when we'll arrive, but we'll be bringing special guest Monkeyman!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-28 4:35 pm   Permalink

I wish I could be at Trader Vics (in my levis) every week - it was so great to meet you all and HumuHumu, Hanford and Mr Smiley showed us the best of Tiki places to hang in and around San Francisco - I had a blast - it was ZAZZ!

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-04-28 4:59 pm   Permalink

It was nice meeting you Australian people! But I never could figure out why you like to put shrimp on your Barbies!

ZAZZ on!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 6:11 pm   Permalink

Speaking of jeans....Does anything get between Mr. Smiley and his Calvin Kleins? ( Opps...i mean Levis....)

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-30 11:40 pm   Permalink

Mr Smiley we have been passing out the TC Zazz buttons in Queensland and are heading down to Sydney later this week to hand out some more - we should have Zazz all over this little island in no time! Cute Barbie - didnt notice her at our cocktail party is she a friend of Russells? Marcus wants it known that his attire that evening was in fact "Dickies" not the common Levis worn by the rest of the folk in the picture - Thanks for your guided tour of San Fran you were great.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-05-01 09:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-30 23:40, tiki beat by marcus thorn wrote:
Mr Smiley we have been passing out the TC Zazz buttons in Queensland and are heading down to Sydney later this week to hand out some more - we should have Zazz all over this little island in no time! Cute Barbie - didnt notice her at our cocktail party is she a friend of Russells? Marcus wants it known that his attire that evening was in fact "Dickies" not the common Levis worn by the rest of the folk in the picture - Thanks for your guided tour of San Fran you were great.

You guys are ZAZZ! Last Friday night I saw a woman who sort off resembled your wife (not at pretty, though) and a guy who resembled you and I jokingly said to myself "they have moved to California!" Alas, it was not you folks, though.

International ZAZZ!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-05-01 09:49 am   Permalink

btw-i am thirsty...

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 1:33 pm   Permalink

Although I am thirsty, I can't make it tonight. My folks are visiting from out of town. And I still don't have my voice back from all the partying I did last week!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-05-08 11:35 am   Permalink

I am thirsty, but I don't know if anyone else is!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation