FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 1:31 pm   Permalink

"Trannihunes!"

Unfortunately I am extremely sick, so no cocktails tonight. Grrr. I hate viruses. Sorry to miss y'all, but hope to maybe make it at least to the Conga for a bit tomorrow...

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-24 2:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-24 13:22, kick_the_reverb wrote:
Serving Reverb Crashes at Trader Vic's?
I'm honored...
Thanks Martin!

Ran

I popped into Vic's last Friday for late happy hour (a brilliant concept!) and enjoyed a tasty Tortuga and a superb Reverb Crash. In the capable hands of Martiki I was reminded why this drink won the TC drink contest by a landslide. Unfortunately I spent my entire wage packet over the weekend (mostly on records at the Fall sale at Down Home Music in El Cerrito) so I can't make it tonight or tomorrow. Pooh.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 11:59 pm   Permalink

Another great night at the SF Trader Vic's! I'm so glad to have this night every week, we're really enjoying it.

I'm very happy to report that Trader Vic's "Monday Night Football" thingy attracted pretty much nobody, while we had a nice tidy gathering of tikiphiles. Yes, their $3 beers and $1 hotdogs may have been a fantastic value, but that's not what we were there for -- we were there for a tiki atmosphere and quality tropical beverages. Thankfully the MNF thingy was set up in the Havana Room, so there wasn't a garish television set in the bar killing the mood.

I would *love* for this to serve as an interesting illustration to Trader Vic's regarding where their true power lies; I'm quite hopeful that through the football season, our Monday tiki group will outdraw, outspend, and outclass the football thingy.

Thanks once again to Martin & Lars! And to whoever came up with Bongo Bongo Soup, and with whoever was the person that person turned to after creating Bongo Bongo Soup to ask "what do you think?" Many might have said "it looks & smells like the underside of a pier!" but this fine soul was able to get past that, and deliver the positive reinforcement necessary for Bongo Bongo Soup to make its way onto menus. To the proud men (and women?) of Trader Vic's history, I salute you!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 09:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-24 23:59, Humuhumu wrote:
Another great night at the SF Trader Vic's! I'm so glad to have this night every week, we're really enjoying it.
Thanks to whoever came up with Bongo Bongo Soup, and with whoever was the person that person turned to after creating Bongo Bongo Soup to ask "what do you think?" Many might have said "it looks & smells like the underside of a pier!" but this fine soul was able to get past that, and deliver the positive reinforcement necessary for Bongo Bongo Soup to make its way onto menus. To the proud men (and women?) of Trader Vic's history, I salute you!

Bongo Bongo soup; share it with one you love-otherwise they will FEAR you BONGO BREATH!!!

PS-I coulda swore I caught Hanford with a Bud in his hand kicking back and watching the game!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-25 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-24 13:22, kick_the_reverb wrote:
Serving Reverb Crashes at Trader Vic's?
I'm honored...
Thanks Martin!

Ran

I'm glad you approve- I should have asked, but I hoped you wouldn't mind. It seems appropriate, after all! It's popular among the staff as well.

I've also been known to roll out the occasional Beachbum's Own now and again, and a few of my own deadly weapons, which are currently not ready for release into the wild.

Yes, MNF was officialy a bust. We'll see how it does next week. But I am pleased to report that Martiki Monday had 400% more attendees than MNF.

See y'all next week! Or tonight!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-26 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-24 23:59, Humuhumu wrote:

I'm very happy to report that Trader Vic's "Monday Night Football" thingy attracted pretty much nobody...

Well, pretty much nobody...

Go Jets!!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-30 7:03 pm   Permalink

Hey! Are any TC'ers planning on going this Monday, which also happens to be Halloween? Coco Loco, Mr. Smiley, and I were wondering, since they have a big Halloween celebration nearby at the Civic Center. Could be fun...

Is Martiki bartending on Halloween?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-30 7:09 pm   Permalink

We wanna be here earlier in the evening, in case any cute little kids come by (or funny lookin' ones). We'll aim for the 2nd happy hour, we'll probably be at Trader Vic's by about 8:30 or 9.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-30 8:39 pm   Permalink

I'm planning to go early on Monday for those free egg rolls and discounted drinks and appetizers. Yes, I will be in costume!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-31 05:42 am   Permalink

Oh man. I'll be in SF in a couple of weeks, but not on a Monday! I'm kinda bummed out that I won't be able to meet you folks at Trader Vics!

Any of you folks go on Friday nights??

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-31 05:42, Tangaroa Ed wrote:
Oh man. I'll be in SF in a couple of weeks, but not on a Monday! I'm kinda bummed out that I won't be able to meet you folks at Trader Vics!

Any of you folks go on Friday nights??

Martiki works Friday nights , too!! Sounds zazz, what date are you visting TE?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:40 am   Permalink

I will be in costume around 6:15pm. I may leave at some point to check out the Civic Center stuff and I may come back later.

Tangaroa Ed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:52 am   Permalink

Martiki works Friday nights , too!! Sounds zazz, what date are you visting TE?

[/quote]

I'll be in San Fran from 11/23-11/26.
Probably the worst weekend because it's Thanksgiving but ya never know!

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up on 11/25!

I read about all of you folks and your tiki adventures on the West Coast, it would be cool to partake in some of them while I'm out there.

View Profile of Tangaroa Ed Send a personal message to Tangaroa Ed  Email Tangaroa Ed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:56 am   Permalink

Cindy- you gotta bring the mug costume tonight. It will blow their minds.

Bruce- I am afraid of your costume.

I am working tonight, and Clem is not visiting I'm sorry to say.

See everyone tonight!

Boo!

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 3:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-31 10:56, martiki wrote:

Boo!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation