FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Mondays at San Francisco Trader Vic's
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-19 4:52 pm   Permalink

We'll also be thirsty tonight... see you soon!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-19 5:06 pm   Permalink

How dry I am.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-12-19 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-19 16:51, Mai Tai wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-19 11:37, mrsmiley wrote:
I'M thirsty!

Wow, thirsty at 11:37am? That's one big thirst that's gonna build up by this evening!

I'm thirsty too!

I'm more thirstiester than you are and my big brother is more thirstiester than your big brother is!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-20 01:37 am   Permalink

I hereby decree that Mr. Smiley is the most thirstiesterest of all! Even more thirstiester than Goldie Locks! No Lie!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-12-20 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-20 01:37, Mai Tai wrote:
I hereby decree that Mr. Smiley is the most thirstiesterest of all! Even more thirstiester than Goldie Locks! No Lie!!!

ZAZZ!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-20 11:37 am   Permalink

Ahh... thirsty no more. Another great Monday night at Trader Vic's. The next time Hanford's driving, I want one of those Sidewinder's Fangs!

Some pictures from last night:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/decmonsftv/

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-20 5:31 pm   Permalink

Dang it, I couldn't go again!

For those of you who still don't know, I'm working (mostly evenings) at a local Macy's for the holidays. They are open until MIDNIGHT this week.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 09:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-20 11:37, Humuhumu wrote:

The Hardest Working Man in Tiki-business! You've heard of something being an "Eye opening experience," well his Navy Grog is a "Tongue Opening Experience!" Talk about Tastebud Trancendence! A sect of Buddhism could be formed around his ability to create this drink: "Zen & the Art of Mixology." The only problem is all of the rival sects springing up around his ability to mix every other drink on the TV's menu...

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2005-12-21 09:19 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-12-21 10:26 am   Permalink

See this thread about dinner before Vic's on 12-26;
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17727&forum=4&0

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-27 01:24 am   Permalink

Ooooooh, tonight was good! I got to have Bongo Bongo soup... and a Sidewinder's Fang... AND, we were joined tonight by EVE BERGERON! Deluxe.

Every time I have a drink mixed by Martin, I feel terrifically spoiled.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-12-31 3:02 pm   Permalink

***********IMPORTANT NOTE**************

Please note that Vic's SF will be CLOSED on Monday the 2nd!

See everyone on the 9th!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-02 1:08 pm   Permalink

I've heard there have been heavy storms and flooding in Novato - I hope Martiki and his Novato Grotto are safe and dry.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-02 4:38 pm   Permalink

Please note that Vic's SF will be CLOSED on Monday the 2nd!

See everyone on the 9th!

Or earlier!.... but I should try the 9th considering I've never been to Monday's gathering. Story of my life: always the shy geeky four-eyed socially-inept bookworm wallflower that never got invited to the cool parties.

Sidewinder's Fang

As reviewed by "Tiki Bar(Comic Book) Guy" on The Simpsons:
Best Drink...ever.

midnite...ready to sacrifice a calf, or somesuch offering, to stop this rain. There was a knock on my door earlier and it was two...of everything!, looking for Noah. Thanks folks, I'll be here all week, try the veal!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-02 10:53 pm   Permalink

The rains have been pretty nasty just north of us. I don't know exactly how Martiki & other North Bay folks have fared, but I do know that Conga Mike's basement got hit pretty bad -- despite being up all night trying to deal with pumping a foot of water out & salvage belongings, they still made it out for NYE!

Midnite, would your consideration of joining us on the 9th take a turn for the serious if I offered to buy you a Sidewinder's Fang that night? It's my current favorite, too.

We'll now take a brief respite from our (deserved) Martiki worship, to shine the light on the other Trader Vic's bartender we love, Lars:

I think perhaps that Lars was legally adopted by the Trader Vic's organization as a toddler. He's pretty seriously dedicated to Doing Things Right In The Trader Vic's Way. He got his start at the Hamburg Trader Vic's, and has been at the SF location for a while now, where he is a bar manager. He created this gorgeous flaming apertif above, he calls it a Tahitian Sunrise.

Okay, back to the Martiki love-in. He makes really good daquiris, like the one pictured here:

Luxardo fans will love it, it's got a touch of the liqueur in it and the flavor comes through nicely. Luxardo is a liqueur made from maraschino cherry pits, since it's made from the pits and not the fruit, it has a bitter, nutty, complex flavor that I love. The trick with this drink is that you've got to drink it before it melts and spills over the sides! It was a bit of a race, but I (mostly, kinda, sorta, almost) managed it.

(Hanford made me a Mai Tai tonight, between that and typing this post, if I squint, it's almost like I didn't have to skip my Monday at Trader Vic's tonight.)

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-03 03:50 am   Permalink

Oooh, a Ghost Daquiri. Must Try.

Parts of Napa and the wine country are flooded to the gills. I wonder how Weird Unc's faring?

We can't complain. A bit of a drainage snafu by the back door, but we needed to tear out the icky carpet down here in the office eventually anyway. I mean, what else is icky carpet good for but to soak up extra rainwater? lol

I love rain dearly, but at this point I'm so sick of the sight of it I could just go to bed and sleep until it's over.

Can't wait for Monday!! I think we'd all buy a drink for Midnite.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation