[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving MaiKainaGirl Painting
MaiKainaGirl Painting
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 4:41 pm   Permalink

Hey all. It's been a while.

I was bummed to miss Hukilau due to my wedding anniversary and prior plans so I painted this in remembrance of something I did not do. Does that make since?

Anyhow let me know what you think. It's the first tiki anything I have done in a while.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-18 5:50 pm   Permalink

ooooo I like that! whats the medium your using?

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 7:30 pm   Permalink

Flounder,
That looks awesome. It's nice to see you do some tiki again, if only for a short visit.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 10:18 pm   Permalink

I love it man. Is that a painted base or a blurry pic you painted over? Either way, the effect is way cool and i seriously dig it.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 10:26 pm   Permalink

I love your stuff flounder, shes hot, i think she might be related to this guy, they have the same belly...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d703b3127cce946e4a7d7c4a00000015108AcOHLdyzauP

**Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 02:52 am   Permalink

Can you tell us the digital process. It would really look great to animate her. you really gave her a lot of personally.

Great job I really like her fluidiy...not a stick girl. Way to capture the essence.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 04:49 am   Permalink

Welcom Bakc Flounder, it Has been awhile and we missed you at Hukilau. It's OK because next year will be better.
Love the new art work, she's Lovely and a true Flounderart Masterpiece.I hope this is the first of many more to come.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 06:26 am   Permalink

Thanx everyone

The hula girl is painted with acrylics and then superimposed. I blurred the pic then pumped up the blues in it.

I'm going to have some prints. $30 with shipping included for TCers in the states. email me if your interested.

scott@flounderart.com

www.flounderart.com

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart 2005-10-19 06:27 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 1:48 pm   Permalink

I just love everything that man do.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 1:52 pm   Permalink

Beautiful Flounder!
How about a Mai Kai 50th anniversary painting?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 2:25 pm   Permalink

I saw that pic and I was like what the hell, someone painted this and then I felt bad that painting dosen't come that easy for me, and then I saw that flounder posted it. That makes me feel better. I see that you have two new painting at your site.

I read a Dali book over the weekend and I saw something that looks like what you have done. -THe Rhino which I think is one of your best works. I know all of your works and now I am checking out other guys with your painting styles. I cound use some of your talent and know how

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 2:58 pm   Permalink

Flounder-
I really like your new masterpiece!! One thing about your style is it is very well done. This one is different than the others I have seen. I have the print of the Crazy Al Hibiscus Tiki. And I love it!!! Anyway thanks for sharing another beautiful painting with us!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 4:08 pm   Permalink

FLOUUUUUNNNNNNDEEEEEEE!!!

Alright man - I dig the new piece.
She's a babe.

Miss you, braddah.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 4:52 pm   Permalink

Flounder you rock. Missed ya at Huki...Next year bro'

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 1:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Flounder, nice work. Did you do the girl on the machine as well? If so, what program?

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation