FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Tiki Terrace grand opening - week of November 8
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Terrace grand opening - week of November 8
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 5:05 pm   Permalink

The grand opening of Tiki Terrace is slated for Tuesday, November 8.

For that week, from the 8th through Saturday the 12th, there will be two 'seatings' per night, at 6PM and 9PM (subject to change, of course - watch this space).

During these seatings, there will be free food, entertainment from Barefoot Hawaiian (on all days), and more surprises.

The Official Tiki Central gathering is on Thursday, November 10, at 9 PM.

Scott wants to get an idea of how many people to expect, so if you think you're going to show up, post here!

Address is 1 S. Wolf Rd., in Prospect Heights.

From downtown, take I-90 to I-294 north to Willow rd.
Take Willow west to Wolf, head south on Wolf, and you can't miss the place on your left. Cross the Metra tracks and you just missed it.

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2005-10-18 17:22 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 8:20 pm   Permalink

Jen and I are in for the TC night!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 05:35 am   Permalink

count us in for 4 people! I can hardly wait. It sounds wonderful.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-19 07:06 am   Permalink

Thanks for keeping up to date with this thread. I will keep track of the RSVP's for Thursday the 10th.

I will try to post some pics in the next few days. I'll post before and after pics.

Regarding our booking of Jake, here is some more info:
NA HOKU HANO HANO AWARD WINNER (Hawaii’s Grammy Awards)

JAKE SHIMABUKURO

TO APPEAR AT TIKI TERRACE

NOVEMBER 19, 2005!

LIMITED SEATING!!

Jake, Hawaii’s 28 year old star, is known as “The Greatest Ukulele Player In The World”

Jake will also be appearing on The Conan O’Brien Show on December 13, 2005.

This popular musician has also performed with and/or opened for Jimmy Buffett, Bobby McFerrin, John Hiatt, Bella Fleck and more.

Ticket info and other information will go out to the Tiki Terrace VIP list Soon!!!!!So Wiki Wiki.

Can I ask you all to give me your input on Jake. I'm not asking for committments to attend. It is a lot of $$$ for a 60 capacity venue to book a guy like Jake, so I am honestly a bit nervous about this. We are looking at approx $55.00 ticket cost which will include approx 1.5 hour performance and free pu pu's. Beverages/cocktails will be sold at normal cost.

Thanks everyone for your offers to help. But I want this to be a suprise for you all. I am particularly excited to host the TCer's and get your thoughts on the place since you all have seen so many tiki bars. But like James was saying, it is a small place and my 2 brothers, father and I did the entire build out and decor (except 8 carvings from Oceanic arts)... so dont expect the Mai Kai. But we are still proud of it and cant wait to be a good host for you all!!!

The best way that you can help The Tiki Terrace is honestly the word of mouth promo. We are a small business and we expect hard times. Fortunately, we have a great following because of our 20 plus year old sister company, the Barefoot Hawaiian,,, but we still can use your help in this regard.

Will post pics soon. And the newsletter with invite to the Grand Opening will go out soon.

Thanks everyone! And special mahalo to James and Derwin. Aloha!
Scott
www.thetikiterrace.com

View Profile of Kalani Send a personal message to Kalani  Email Kalani Goto the website of Kalani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 08:12 am   Permalink

We'll be at the grand opening - can't wait!! 2 of us

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 10:17 am   Permalink

yah mo' be there!!....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 12:25 pm   Permalink

I'd like to come on the 10th, but I'd have to get the 6 PM seating. My kids love the tiki stuff too, so I wouldn't want to leave them out, but they wouldn't make it much past 9:30.

Tiki Flange!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Flange 2005-10-19 12:26 ]

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-19 1:11 pm   Permalink

I will be there to meet other TCentralites, Just how, I don't know quite yet.

But I will find out. This is going to be exciting.

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 10:12 pm   Permalink

ill be there either the 8th,10th or 12th for sure, so how do you make your reservations if your a v.i.p again??....still got to get up that way to pick up my shirt! also wanna make it up for the nov.19th event! (too bad you cant make jakes show on the 19th the tiki central night!)

[ This Message was edited by: hala bullhiki 2005-10-20 18:51 ]

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 10:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-19 07:06, Kalani wrote:
The best way that you can help The Tiki Terrace is honestly the word of mouth promo.

Just did this tonight as I was interviewed by a local newspaper here in Milwaukee for an upcoming profile on my work. The subject of new tiki establishments came up and I mentioned Tiki Terrace and it's location. Another Great Lakes region publication is seeking an interview with me and I'll mention Tiki Terrace... I wish you all the best and a long, long run!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 03:59 am   Permalink

Put me down for 2.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 9:47 pm   Permalink

cant decide 10th,12th, or 19th!!!...wish i lived closer, id go all 3, but the 2.5 hours each way is tellin me i gotta pick one or 2....we'd love to make the 10th though, as we were joking tonight about how we never introduce ourselves to anyone whos not selling something at these tiki events.....

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-22 08:52 am   Permalink

Sounds great, sign me up for 2 !

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-23 2:23 pm   Permalink

Emily and I would be interested, but we would like a few more details on the 10th. Price, etc. Sorry if it was already mentioned.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wgk001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-23 7:38 pm   Permalink

Count me in for 2

View Profile of wgk001 Send a personal message to wgk001  Goto the website of wgk001     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation