FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Terrace grand opening - week of November 8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Terrace grand opening - week of November 8
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 09:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-03 19:33, snowboundtiki wrote:
Is anyone going to the 8:15 on Tuesday? We are making a 7 hour drive to see the Tiki Terrace.

Hey snowbound, welcome to TC.

I strongly suggest that if you are making the 7-hour drive for Tiki, that you make a side trip to also experience Hala Kahiki. Not to take away from the Zuziak clan's achievement with Tiki Terrace, but HK is one of Tikidom's national treasures. If you want inspiration for your own home Tiki paradise, HK will definitely inspire you.

Hope to see you there.

Hey Scott - I'll be soming out by myself for the TC gathering on Thursday, so if the reservations are tight, you can free up a slot.

My pal from LA and I will be there on Wednesday - see ya then!

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2005-11-08 21:44 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 9:46 pm   Permalink

Anyone make it to the opening night tonight?

I'll be there tomorrow (Wednesday) and Thursday too, so I'll take lots of pics - watch this space.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-09 09:23 am   Permalink

Fellow T-C folk,

I have to reneg my reservations from Thursday to Sunday as it will be the only time that I will be able to visit the Terrace together w/ my wahine. I'm still excited about going but we were sorry to have to miss the TC night to meet and hang w/ other tikiphiles.

So have big fun and much ALOHA to you all until we can arrange and have another meetup.

~be excellent to each other, and . . . ~

[ This Message was edited by: ManoKoa 2005-11-09 09:25 ]

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 08:03 am   Permalink

Just have to suffer through the rest of work today...
Looking forward to tonight!
See some of you there!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 08:39 am   Permalink

you guys gotta post some pics, i gotta wait til saturday to go, and i cant wait!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 10:30 pm   Permalink

wow! Had a super great time. food was soooo good. The decor was really great too.You could really tell that this place is a labor of love.
Thanks to all the people at Tiki Terrace who made the night so special. We'll definitely come back again.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wgk001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-10 11:09 pm   Permalink

I had the honor of being there tonight. One word. Kupaianaha! Was great to meet up again with the legendary JT and was great to see Pat from the talented Penthouse Playboys. Can't wait to see you on Dec 2. Mostly, it was great to finally meet Scott and Phil. You guys have created a marsterpiece! For those who are in, or happen into the Chicago area, this place is a definate must.
George

View Profile of wgk001 Send a personal message to wgk001  Goto the website of wgk001     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 11:13 pm   Permalink

I forgot my freakin' camera - but I saw Lake Surfer taking lots of pics.... Come on Dave, let's see those posted!
Hooray to the Zuziak family for a job well done!

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 05:30 am   Permalink

We didn't forget our camera to such important event. We visited on Wed Nite. Scott and his family have done a great job in four months. I love the stage area with the flaming volcanoes even with out the smoke machine. The veggie chips, fruit Salsa and pineapple/? dip where yummy, but the slice of star fruit with blob of coconut pudding topped with a candied ginger strip was incredible. We went with longtime friends Momtiki and Dadtiki. I tried going flash-less that night so some of the pic maybe a little creative. Wonderful time and a great tiki-full place. Another great mid America winter wonderland tiki oasis. This will be great to go in January when the temps are in the single digits with a wind chill in the negative digits. Good luck and good day,
the c in d&c

the front door

the stage area

Momtiki & Dadtiki

the thinker tiki

my creative photo

Mr & Mrs Bamboolodge

[ This Message was edited by: bamboolodge 2005-11-11 06:31 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 08:38 am   Permalink

awsome! cant wait for tomarrow!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 09:18 am   Permalink

Congrats to the Tiki Terrace Ohana on a job well done! Good luck with everything! The decor was beautiful!

Here's some pictures I took...

I like the wall of moai...

Here's the great little hut we sat in... this area can be rented out for parties and has fountains on each side and tv monitors to view the live entertainment...

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-11-11 12:09 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 09:53 am   Permalink

Ditto - great job on the decor & live music and hula - was a very nice night & look forward to more evenings at Tiki Terrace!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 10:13 am   Permalink

nice work guys!! off to a great start !!...the drinks were quite potent and the food good...wish it was closer to the city though so I could visit more often....Dec. 2nd is the next stop with the havana(penthouse)playboys doing their new exotica set.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 6:54 pm   Permalink

pics look amazing, tomarrow night cant come fast enough!!

hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-13 5:18 pm   Permalink

wow, this place is great, small and cozy, great food, grat decor ,entertainment,and staff, cant wait to see the full menu of food and drinks.....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation